Di Base, the cheaper Darkstar?

Hey people! :smiley: I’ve recently wanted to get a new yoyo… for 5A, and i don’t want to blow the budget too much hehe :/. I have a liking for C3 ever since i started using a Trident, but other recommendations are welcomed too :). As the title would tell you, i am deciding between Di Base and Darkstar. The Di Base i feel is similar to the Darkstar as they both have included weight rings, similar shape and probably the same size. Does the Di Base play anything like the Darkstar? Thanks! :smiley:

I think the di base is a little less smooth if that makes since but here are stats
Darkstar:
C3 YoYo Design Dark Star Stats:
Diameter: 54.26 mm / 2.13 inches
Width: 41.75 mm / 1.64 inches
Gap Width: 4.56 mm / .18 inches
Weight: 65.9 grams
Bearing Size: Center Trac Bearing
Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Response: C3 YoYo Custom Response

Di Base:
C3 YoYo Design Di Base Stats:
Diameter: 52.34 mm / 2.06 inches
Width: 41.34 mm / 1.62 inches
Gap Width: 4.27 mm / .17 inches
Weight: 66.9 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Response: C3 YoYo Design Silicone O-Ring
And they are fairly close but you be the judge.

I think that the Dark Star is closer to a full sized throw.

Well I have both and I must say they are both exceptional throws! For the money you can’t beat the Base. After I got mine I put a dif-e-yo kk in it and it plays just as smooth as the darkstar. I prefer an od 10 ball bearing but for some reason the Base liked the kk better. I think you will be happy either way but the Base will save you a few bucks!

I LOVE my Di Base, I am not even a fan of non-fullsized throws but this one is great. It plays very solid though, just know that. Definitely a great throw though. C3 has the best bead blast… bar none.