Custom flashlights?

I’ll check them out!

This is the video showing the showing the method and bop.

1 Like

Convoy C8+ thrower. 840meter throw. A hot tint at 6500k but a great little light for the $ and the new anno is sharp looking. Long ship time, I saw somebody mention in the Duncan thread :rofl:

I really don’t worry about CRI on a flashlight except for my headlamp that I use for close-up work on electronics.
Other than that I’m either using a little penlight to inspect things on vehicles or using a handheld spot to light up varmints in the garden. In those applications I’m more concerned with compactness or power respectively and correct color rendering isn’t important to me.

When I do carry a flashlight it’s a little $30 Coast 2xAAA penlight. If I’m carrying my cell phone I rely on that (thanks Motorola for the karate-chop flashlight feature and multi-day battery life!).

Ivan

I wouldn’t worry about CRI on a thrower either. 800+ meters away it would be hard to recognize. :slight_smile:

I like higher CRI on most user flashlights but not a requirement, especially if you’re wanting max lumens for a size/class of flashlight. What I don’t like is the green or yellow ring in many led’s.

Lights with 90+ CRI are quite common and economical these days so it’s not hard to find. Plenty of options at price points from $20 to way more than I’d pay lol. The SST-20 4000K is a 95 CRI and still has a high lumen output. Generates some heat like a higher lumen output led but that’s the cost of the high CRI.

Edit: A review I found on the C8+ - Convoy C8+ Orange Flashlight Review - ZeroAir Reviews