Contest: design your dream colorway, with prizes, ends 3/5

8b
12b
:rofl::rofl::rofl: This is fun~

26 Likes

This is coming out great, can you share your technique? Which software is it?

5 Likes

I’m using Adobe Dimension and it’s great and easy to use for slapping on artwork and material onto 3D models.
Then I found some yoyo models on some free database and dragged it into Adobe Dm, I’ve found out flat hubs are great to work with since you don’t have to deal with picture distortion around the spike!
You probably can model a bi-material yoyo using Blender or CAD software and slap on different colorway and material separately too. I might try and do that next.

btw, which one of mine did you guys liked the best? :joy:

7 Likes

Just by experimenting, I got an interesting design. The yoyo is one that @joshxz designed.

This isn’t my dream colorway, but it would be pretty cool to see spinning.

I hope to be able to figure out how to create my dream colorway and post it soon.

test

8 Likes

This would be called Rising Sun. I like the idea of the inner cup being different from the catch zone. I really love how YYR did that with the red/blue Anomaly.

rising_sun_yoyo

15 Likes

Here is Hyperspace Jump:

hyperspace_jump_yoyo

Here’s another render with a slightly different inner cup style:

hyperspace_jump_yoyo_v02

…and spinning:

hyperspace_jump_yoyo_spinning_v02

As is typical of splash-type finishes with small details and no large graphic features, it tends to look like a solid finish when spinning.

24 Likes

Capture

6 Likes

rainbows

Dark Side… of the moon!

20 Likes

Hey, since this graphic design isn’t being used anymore, might as well resurrect it for a metal yoyo; Blood Magic:

blood_magic_yoyo

Here’s another take on this; basically the text is removed in favor of a small pentagram:

blood_magic_yoyo_v04

…and spinning:

blood_magic_yoyo_spinning_v04

10 Likes

Instead of just the generic “galaxy” colorway everyone does, I always wondered why not use actually galaxies, nebulas, star clusters, planets, etc.?

Here’s my celestial series:

Milky Way

Orion

Messier 13

Jupiter

24 Likes

I thought to add a giant wheel designed yoyo.

Untitled

trying to improve…

image2

5 Likes

Oxidized copper. Either actual [sealed] oxidized copper or a splash to achieve the same effect.

copper%20tarnish%20yoyo

actual [sealed] oxidized copper

Like, oxidize a copper plated aluminum yoyo and then seal it so it doesn’t continue to corrode or feel gross. I don’t know if that is a thing though… Might just have to settle for the fancy splatter ano.

12 Likes

And this one: opal, for my daughter Opal :slightly_smiling_face:

opal%20colorwat

9 Likes

Trout!

Brookie

Rainbow

Brown

11 Likes

image1 image2 image3jpg jpg

1st one is just a eye.
2nd one Who likes Moustache will buy. hahah
3rd one Who likes rats…
4th and 5th inspired from the honeycomb.

4 Likes

Lord of the Rings!
image image image

Oops! Just googled Lord of the Rings yoyo and much of this concept has previously been done before. Never mind…

7 Likes

Someone needs to make a Pokeball plain and simple.

Poke_Design_2016-Jul-23_06-29-00PM-000_CustomizedView14449851970_png

19 Likes

14 Likes

Yeah, the 3D definitely steer clear from as the ano process on a 2.5 dimension with the acids Fairfax being flat, the lighter agents go the top and are the first to accept the cathodes charge adhering it.

A flat 2D colorway (so long that it classifies as a Colorway.

The ano IS - 2D through voltage and positively charged ions administered by the cathodes in a tub of solvent onto a 3D object (a yo-yo).

I like what you’re doing.

I took this exact route 10 years ago. I’ve made different series of cosmological phenomena as gorgeous quadrants of space, nebula STS- NG/ etc

PM me if you’re interested

1 Like