Columbus, OH YoYo Club

My name’s Nathan Martsolf. I recently moved to Columbus, OH. I’ve looked around and haven’t found any information on any existing clubs in the area. The closest I have found is the well established Cleveland Club. I know there are some throwers in the area, so I’m certain there’s interest. I’d love to help organize a club. At this time I’d love to hear some feedback from all you Columbus area residents. Being new to the area I’m not even certain on a good location or anything. All I know is I miss throwing with people. Clubs are the best to learn and be more social with this hobby. Anyway. If you’re in the Columbus area, hit me up either in this thread or send me a PM. I’d love to hear from you! Let’s do this!

Me and rdeleon975 were trying to start a club in Columbus but it never really happened. I live in Findlay, about an hour and a half away. I know he lives in Columbus.

Ohio States is also on Sep. 1st. It’s in Cleveland. Unfortunantly, I won’t be able to make it this year.

If I can find a place and start a club would you guys come? Do you know of any others besides you two. I know Chris Rhodes lives in Gahanna but that’s about it.

I know my son an I would really like it

freezerdust lives in gahanna(really close) I ve talked to some guys on on the other forum who are very interested, it looks like they had a club back in 2009. There’s interest. I set up the first meeting but no one came, Id still love to help organizing as long as there are those that are willing to come.

I know Waylon lives in Mansfield.

If you guys want to try a club I’m up for it. I just don’t know how often I would be able to make it.

I like all this feedback! Let’s do this!

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted any updates on this. I’ve looked into a couple places. Bexley Public Library offers a room they will rent out for free to groups once a month. Ideally I’d love for a club to meet weekly, but once a month might be a good start, to see if people are seriously interested. Let me know what you guys think. Also, I’m hoping to form a Facebook group here, so we can better communicate. The thing is, I’m not friends on Facebook with any Columbus yoyoers, so you should all friend request me, then I can invite members to the group and we can get the ball rolling. Cool.

Here’s the Facebook group-http://www.facebook.com/groups/362894657138040/

Okay. I just took a little visit to the Bexley Public Library to see their space. It’ll be perfect for us! The library loved the idea of having a club at their library and wants to promote the club in their newsletter! Our first scheduled club meeting will be Wednesday December 5th from 6-8pm. Here are directions to Bexley Library: 2411 East Main Street, Columbus. Enter the library and follow signs for the auditorium.

We have a month to promote this club, so tell your friends! Join the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/362894657138040/

Let’s make this great!

That’s awesome!

I don’t have a Facebook though, so I won’t be able to join the group. I probably won’t be able to make it to the meetings because I live in Findlay and I have basketball on Wednesdays. But if I ever get a chance, I’ll try to come down.

Also, if anyone is ever in Findlay, let me know! I’d love to meet up with somebody sometime.

I have to check my schedule but ill do my best to make it. Ill let some other guys know

Sounds great! Make sure they, and you, join the Facebook group to keep up to date on details.

Our first meeting is just around the corner! December 5th, 6-8 at Bexley Public Library. If you haven’t joined the Facebook group yet, we’ll, you should! See you then!

Get ready everyone! Next meet is tomorrow at the library again from 6 to 8. Would love to see some.New faces there.

We might have to meet sometime halfway between cbus and canton

That would be sweet!. Mansfield is a pretty good midway point.

The reformatory would be awesome lol

Haha, have you been there? whats it like?

Only during Halloween. It’s fun really creepy