Code 2 or cascade?

Code 2 is great and I think alot better

Onedrop Team Member Zammy here, let me help you out!

The Cascade and the Code2 are both quite the difference when it comes to yoyos.

The Code2 has a diameter of 56 versus the Cascade having a diameter of 53. This alone can cause a person to shy away from one yoyo over the next. The thing with the Cascade is that it’s design is like a illusion. It was designed to keep an organic feel while making it wider. Within your hand it “looks” smaller/wider but when you play it it “feels” like as if its full sized.

The Code2 is far more exceptional for horizontals since more of the weight is placed on the rims versus the Cascade which has its weight focused within the middle. This seems to be a occuring trends with new designs right now in 2012.

The Code2 staight out of the box is a great throw but the Cascade is one of those types that you have to grow on you. It took me a bit to get used to it but I tell you what…once you get used to it you will not put it down at all.

Both throws have a similar feeling of float and smoothness on the string so there is no real difference. You will however feel the difference in the weight distribution however.

You really cannot go wrong with either or. The Code2 seems to be more for the competitor versus the Cascade is a mix of both serious casual play and or competitive style.

All in all, great yoyos all made by your favorite yoyo company.

:wink:

~Z

Maybe i shuld get booth;) and thank you for such a great awnser. So you have to play with cascade a long time before you really like it? And another thing
You are awesome!

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

Nice review. Now I’m going to think about it. I may skip al the other yoyos to just get these two. Thanks

Not a bad plan. I’ve found the One Drop products to be very exceptional.

okay thanks. It’s seems that you have a lot of yoyos and experience. Can I ask how many yoyos you have?

Studio definitely knows what he is speaking about due to his abundance with his collection but also he analyzes things very carefully.

Again, I only speak as a sponsored Onedrop player and thus it is up to you overall to decide what to chose. Thing is, you cannot go wrong with either throw. It is all a matter of preference. Undersized or Full sized? Flaired versus Wide.

:slight_smile:

Goodluck! and Enjoy!

After a week with my Cascade, I’d say Zammy’s right about it coming down to preference. If you can, sacrifice other purchases and get both the Cascade and the CODE2. They’re both brilliant.

Yuki

Yes, you may ask.

I don’t know the number off the top of my head, but if you’re bored:

http://www.studio42.info/yoyo/collection/

I think I’m in the 160’s, some repeats, especially in low-cost items to complete the color sets, stuff like that. Kinda holding off purchases until Nationals, but too much good stuff coming out!

I’m relatively new to this whole yoyo thing. I know what I like. I also like darn near everything. At the same time, I know quality. Every yoyo brings something different to the experience. Most important though, I look for fun.

One Drop is a different company. Performance, engineering, technology, competition, quality, fun. They seem to get it right on all aspects. They consistently release well designed products. The Code 2 and Cascade are as different as they can get. One is rim heavy, one is center heavy. Completely different play experiences. Two completely AMAZING play experiences. While others are raising prices, One Drop is somehow managing to hold their prices steady(I’m not naming names, I love their stuff too). This brand is a good investment in your yoyo experience.

1 Like

that’s a lot of throw. Wow.
I really like that al you guy help me. Thanks!