Can you do tricks without looking?

This trick has been my autopilot trick for a long time now. I did a tutorial for it when MK1 and OP dropped the Converge here at YYE.

It got me wondering, what tricks do others do without looking? I’m excited to see what you got.

This was inspired by one of my favourite freestyles ever. It was at EYYC 2019 when Kacper Palatynski won. The part I’m referring to starts at 1:50ish but I recommend watching the whole thing for some context. It’s such a great routine and he absolutely kills it.

18 Likes

Your combo is super sick!!

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I consider being able to land a trick blindfolded as the final step in mastery. It usually takes a month or two past being able to land a trick consistently to doing it with my eyes closed.

Speaking of blindfolded, I can’t believe this performance by Steve Brown is 20 years old!

4 Likes

I could never do that haha

My attempt. Had to use a silly yoyo for a silly video.

6 Likes

That’s so cool!

Did this first try

5 Likes

Nope

1 Like

I’m gonna do a full blindfolded freestyle

2 Likes

Subbed, that was awesome lmao!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Here it is!

5 Likes

Man, I bet you kill it at contests, that kind of trick consistency is awesome

Even did the DNA at the end lmao

3 Likes

Thank you so much, I’m excited to start competing soon!

2 Likes

I’d be very surprised if you don’t do well, good luck!

2 Likes

A while back (like maybe a year or so ago) somebody posted a “No Look Hook” challenge on Instagrame, to do Hidemasa Hook without looking. At the time, i hadn’t learned Hidemasa Hook so I did a Brent Stole (or GT Laceration for the picky folks) instead. Whip tricks are TOUGH without looking.

I don’t have a point to this story, just wanted to share. I think it was @li_sian_ or @yo_maxwell_house on Instagram who posted the challenge iirc.

Dang, I miss being in shape. That was over two years and 60 pounds ago. Quarantine and laziness have taken a toll. I started working out again last week, let’s hope for the best :joy:

Also sorry if this posts twice, I accidentally hit delete instead of edit. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Olddd video of mine. About 4 years and 40 pounds ago…

4 Likes

Yes, I can do many tricks without looking.

But, my Dentist advised against it.

No problem with that advice…

I just make sure to: put on my flack jacket, carbon fiber tactical helmet, polycarbonate wrap around face shield, shin guards, steel toe boots, mouthpiece, elbow pads, forearm covers, motocross gloves and an athletic cup…

And just for good measure, I throw in the parking lot of the Hospital Emergency Room, to cut down response time…

Preparation is the key to survival…

5 Likes