Box of shame

So this thread might break the rules but it’s also a warning. Idk about others but I use other less reputable sources at times to find cheap yo-yos. Yye is by far a better retailer than those direct from china retailers with sketchy adds all over social media. Also that big massive company thats name starts with an A that we don’t speak of.

So here is my box of Shame. It’s all the things that looked too good to be true and weren’t worth trying to return.

Plastic bearings or inserts and response. Garbage string. Extremely light weight. So bad it’s not even worth the material but it technically does a yo-yo motion.

If this doesn’t get me in trouble show your box of shame and story about why we should stick to good honest retailers like yoyo expert.

Admins feel free to delete this if I’m pushing the limits on this one.

5 Likes

I like the “yoyo yoyo made in china” in big bold letters. Screams quality.

1 Like

I’m don’t mean to sound sarcastic but what were you expecting? Was the description totally misleading?

2 Likes

This is a collection over the years not all at once but yeah one had the wrong picture so it seemed like a super cheap myy v3 another was supposed to be a k1 but wasn’t worth disputing cause return shipping was more than I paid.

Another was supposed to be a yyf edge off a bst and the guy ghosted me with f&f but if you see an edge in there let me know haven’t found it yet lol.

Just the sad mistakes and too good to be true deals that didn’t pan out. I figure others have to have similar stories unless y’all are all smarter than me and stick with buying from a proper shop like yye

1 Like

Yep, buyer beware… :speak_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

1 Like

When I got back into yoyos a couple years ago I bought a similar looking throw off fleabay. I hadn’t touched a yo in twenty two years and when I got this unresponsive monstrosity that had bearing-less hubstacks and a plastic mirrored cap in the rim I didn’t know what to think.

“What are these spinning attachments?” “Why doesn’t it return with a tug?” "A bearing? No wonder it doesn’t come back :roll_eyes: "

Now I’m happily back in the game and all caught up on what’s hip. Thanks to y’all on these board for the help and the guidance that has me throwing everyday with a smile. My collection of shame was only one yo but I’ll never forget it. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Is that red/white/blue painted or is that an anno? If it’s a anno that is pretty cool looking.

Kind of nails the saying “polishing a :poop:

Appears to be paint. I’ll add pictures but I threw my son one to play with and well… let’s just say I have a reason for the lock on my office door.

Video

1 Like

As promised. The one my son was playing with the plastic axle snapped and one of the plastic spacer/response things broke. Couldn’t find the other side of the axle or broken part of the spacer but it’s not really worth finding either. I’ll salvage the bearing and string and toss the rest.

This is why my default yoyo I give my kids to play with us this magnificent thing.

4 Likes