Better than the Protostar

OMYGODSOPUMPED.

• imagines Delrin protostar and then punches computer into the sun from joy-

Wowā€¦

The Rally, Yeti, and now a ā€œrefreshedā€ Protostar.

Plastics rule.

I think the Protostar is great. I donā€™t think there really is going to be a unanimous decision to select a replacement, as I donā€™t really think anything can replace a Protostar except another Protostar. Other than that, itā€™s all about preferences.

One of the many things I like about the Protostar is the price, proving high performance is affordable to just about anyone. I still see people choosing it as their go-to yoyo for competition. Right there is a great statement saying that cost should not be a determining factor in what is or isnā€™t a competition yoyo.

I personally look forward to what this refresh for the Protostar is gong to be. Sign me up!

Hm maybe a protostar without vibes and woobles. DELRIN protostar yeahhhhh!!!

I donā€™t have any vibe or wobble issues with my Protostar.

When it was new it havent vibes, but after years of playing it has some vibes now. Maybe because the spacers has some scratches and because of the unscrewing xD. I dont like the spacers , because the become scratches automaticly after a short time of playing. But the protostar is my favorite plastic ^^. Its so floaty!!! And vibes are not bad, because you can feel how much spin the yoyo has and see it. Do you play your protostar everyday? Is it new?

Got it used and heavily played.

I donā€™t play it daily. Too loud. Thatā€™s my only complaint about the Protostar is that itā€™s too loud.

I like the Northstar more than the Protostar.

But Alpha Crash and Diffusion are equal if not better than both the North and Proto stars.

I love the trigger.

Best plastic Iā€™ve used.

IMO the Alpha Crash is superior to the Protostar. I play both frequently, but the Alpha Crash is more stable and smooth, not to mention fairly quiet.

My brand new Protostar came with a pulsing vibe/wobble.

I hear the champions edition which is the Severe (delrin) plays amazing for a plastic I havenā€™t held it yet but all reviews of it are very positive. That along with Northstar which i think is discontinued now?

I think a dark magic II is still the best beginner/intermediate yoyo for serious players getting into unresponsive play since it can do IRG and a little bit of grinds depends on if its humid and your hands are sweaty.

You can buy a Shaqler star, which is literally the same as a northstar.

My Northstar works fine as a knock-around plastic, but Iā€™m expecting good things from the Surge!

Also, I think the Alpha Crash is another great plastic. Didnā€™t play it for very long, but I was extremely pleased with the performance and would be willing to say that itā€™s superior to the protostar.

True but the whole look for the Northstar along with itā€™s bright colors is what made it awesome! also by the same idea that the orange one is just like the one Jensen used to win worlds just that feeling sometimes when i look at it wondering how the heck did he make this yoyo do all that!

Can anyone comment on the Severe (delrin) ?

one thing Iā€™m big about is grinding ability actually some say itā€™s lame I think itā€™s a very awesome crowd pleaser etc. Heard it grinds like a champ by one person but I want a 2nd opinion :slight_smile:

Delrin grinds very well. Itā€™s one of its selling points.

I agree that I preferred the look of the Northstar to the Shaqlerstarā€¦ bring back the neon!

Neon Northstar/Shaqlerstar?

Iā€™d buy that.

I like the delrin severe but sadly it died due to excessive vibe and the alpha crash play exactly like a full metal without the grinding ability.

The thing about the delrin severe is that it really doesnā€™t feel like delrin. Itā€™s weird. I wouldnā€™t say the severe grinds very well either. Iā€™d rather have a Protostar.

I really like the severe. It does grind very well IMO. I think, however, that all in all the protostar and North Star are better yoyos.