BATTLE FIELD 3 vs. MODERN WARFARE 3

man oh man…

i am a huge and i mean huge…fan of COD, the type who goes and waits in line at gamestop at midnight to get MW3… yup … i own all of the COD games. Why because that is what I am into, I have respect for everyone and to each their own but when you say run and shoot haha if only it was that easy. If you think COD is just run and shoot and there is no strategy involved then you are wrong! and maybe you are the one who plays online and dies all the time, yup i said it. If you dont know which gun +attachement+ secondary+ lethal + perk + kill streaks to use then you wont last long and We will eat you alive!!! I say WE for all of us who actually play COD, and when i say play i mean actually play everyday :slight_smile:

and for those who say there isnt a difference … to the real fans … there are differences and too many to list…

I have not played any of the battlefield games and probably never will so to be perfectly fair I will not say anything about battle field.

the only thing I can compare is sales, and off course we all know that MW3 sales > BF3 sales but does that mean it is a better game? I dont know, because I can only speak for one half.

those who played both might have different opinions and favor one over the other, its only their opinion and this is mine …

Anyways… I really want to try BF3 and actually compare them both fairly, so if you want to try any COD games, let me know … maybe we can trade for a month or something LOL

Everybody in this thread has been closed minded

They are both GREAT games, but they cater to COMPLETELY different audiences. They are different games, its hard to compare them, because they are so differant. The only similaraty is that they are both FPS games

BF3: Better Graphics, more improved, balanced, more ‘realistic’, Better community

MW3: Killstreaks, ‘One Man Army’ (Not the perk, I’ll talk about this in a second), more people play/bigger community

The thing is, if you like team work, BF3 will probably be your game. BF3 is about using your team to operate as one, and is hard to win an objective based game if your not interacting with your team

MW3: You can roll completely solo. This is the One Man Army I was talking about. You can go into a Team Death match, alone while your team is losing, and still pull of a clutch if your good enough. You can get some killstreaks up in the air and carry your team.

Something else is Sniping. Sniping has become very controversial. In the call of Duty series snipers are used as a ‘run and gun’ weapon. And ‘Quickscoping’ has adapted with the snipers. This has resulted in Snipers becoming more powerful weapons in the CoD series than of the BF series. Sniping has evovled into not just getting kills, but getting kills that look stylish; Such as Quickscoping, No-Scoping, and TrickShotting.

If you Don’t know what trickshotting is, here is an example. (This is CoD MW2)

Trickshotting has become very popular through the CoD sniping community. With certain Trickshotting Channels that have reached over 400 thousand subscribers! Other Sniping Channels that are ascociated with Quickscoping have reached up to half a million subscribers, and the sniping community is growing. A lot of people that were sick of getting quick scoped and 360’d moved to BF3 because they wouldn’t get noscoped across the map every 10 seconds

There are more things. ONE OF THE MAIN FACTORS IS THE INITIALS. MOST PEOPLE JUST BUY THE GAME BECAUSE OF THE INITIALS OF THE GAME.

This is Call of Duty’s Downfall. Who wants to play a game that is named after a fish? While Battle Field shares the initials with ‘Best Friend.’ This is why CoD Black Ops sucked. You know when a game is going to be bad when the game has the same initials as Barack Obama and Body Odor

In all seriousness it falls down to what your looking in a game. If you want a dynamic game, and use teamwork to win, then you might like BF3. If your looking for a fast paced game, and maybe get some flashy kills with a sniper rifle, then MW3 is probably the right game for you.

Symmetric property of equality:

As Past stated: MW3 is MW2, then MW2 is MW3.

Transitive Property of Equality

MW1 is MW2, MW2 is MW3, then MW1 is MW3

THEY’RE ALL THE SAME, AGHHHHH!!! (screams)

/dies

If i ever buy a game because i think the initials are cool… i will shoot my self with a sniper rifle!!!

btw nice video… i hate snipers LOL

Yoyoing is better…

They should make a yoyoing game for the Wii console (or Xbox Kinect, or maybe Playstation Move)

MW3 is one of the worst attempts at porting a console-game over to the PC. The whole game is just not optimized for the platform at all, and the players can feel this. I don’t know about console, but this game is not anywhere near being of any value on the PC.

No FoV option, terrible video settings in general (this is a recurring theme with console-ports, same goes for the dated graphics).

I don’t even like realistic shooters TBH. I’m more of a Quake/Unreal fan.

Battle field is starting to grow on me. I guess i just had to play it more.

Or you could just yoyo…