Art, clyw, TP, jensen woods

That’s the same smile my kid and I had doing it. It’s really fun if you buy a beater and just bang it. Like cross arm capture dropped to dog back to whatever. My B-grade beater has the same feel as it did before I started banging it. So much fun. Really curious what would happen if it was magnesium though

1 Like

Yeah it was fun while doing it. But I don’t have the heart to spark my own Ti-Vayder though to be completely honest. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Trade ya a marmot for the chief

You shouldn’t if it’s not damaged and new and you like it that way. Wait till you accidentally get damage or buy an already damaged one so you feel no guilt. Then you can also do tricks other people aren’t willing to do. I equate it to purchasing a skateboard with a dope decal and never doing a trick (like a board slide). I mean you can, but you’re really not living. And I like when people do yo-yo tricks on the environment. Throw a creeper on a handrail. Hit things with Boomerang. Each pro and manufacturer uses their yo-yo’s without fear of damage and intends them to be used and to push boundaries of what is considered a trick. Why shouldn’t you honor that? If you don’t push boundaries, you will never grow.

First of all, boards are meant to be thrashed. Second of all, do what you dream.I

Not everybody agrees with that. Plenty of people hold their decks and never hit the decal. Seen plenty of them. And yo-yo’s are made to play with

1 Like

And I disagree with those people, if youre gonna hit it at all, seennnd itttt. That was my second point though, do what YOU dream.

1 Like

Which I feel like I covered in my first two sentences. I had no misconceptions with what you said. The person I was directing my comment at said he enjoyed it on someone else’s, just didn’t want to do it to his pristine TiVayder. So I tailored my comment to that.

Yeah it’s me.
I think sparking was one of those novelty thing that I had fun when we sparked a yoyo. But the one experience was enough?
If I didn’t have the opportunity to try I think I would have been just as happy never having sparked one. But I must admit it was fun when we did.
I don’t baby my yoyos but at the same time not to the degree I’m going to start intentionally messing up an expensive yoyo either.
My skateboard is a wreck by the way. Because it’s meant to be ridden.
A yoyo is meant to be played and I do. But sparking is more of a niche byproduct

2 Likes

It would seem that the misconception was that I am, in fact, not arguing or debating with you.
Except that boards are meant to be thrashed. I will fight you over that, and that’s what a REAL sk8er would do.

hey @grunt chief?

1 Like

Yeah I’ve PM’d him multiple times and no response. Color looks pretty too!

Anyone know if the axes on there mean FG?

i hit him on fb

1 Like

PM him. He’s always been really good about responding to me. I bought the 420* from him and I believe a sparked titanium shutter. Fast and efficient.

1 Like

I PMd him 8 days ago, then sent a question the next day. No response. Then I asked if he was still selling the Chief yesterday but nothing yet.

I understand that not everyone is a weirdo like me that browses these forums 5 times a day so just figured he’s been busy.

5 Likes

i browse for hours…

2 Likes

So can someone confirm that is a FG?

@nothingfaced, you seem to know a thing or two about Chiefs… or is it Chieves?

1 Like

chieftain

2 Likes

Typically the pickaxes that signify fools gold are on the rims

My summit has a Pickaxe logo in the same area and it’s not a fg

I thought the same thing but some Google searching leads me to believe the rim marks are just the most recent way to label FG.

1 Like