An Aoda Littles Story

Awhile back, I posted a NIB Aoda Littles for sale or trade because I’d gotten a duplicate. I hoped to trade it for an Aero-Yo Mini Monster or a light silver Littles.

Today I found a vendor in China who is apparently still restocking the Littles for around $21 shipped to the USA. (They appeared to be in stock when I looked a couple of hours ago.)

So I pulled the sale and decided to try an experiment. All I used in this mod were paper towels and Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish:

The polished silver Littles is the one I’ve had and thrown for years. The engraving was faded in the process, and could probably be wiped away entirely.

My understanding is that these are made of brass, so I don’t think that this is reducing the Littles to a completely raw finish. (Or I think that the engraving is the only place where the mag polish may have brought me down to the raw brass.)

So I got my silver Littles and wanted to let everyone know that one of the coolest budget micros is still obtainable, in either color if you’re willing to put in a little work.

10 Likes

Right on man. Nicely done! Looks great and thanks for sharing!!

2 Likes

That’s good to know I was really tempted by your post but had to hold off cause my wife was getting annoyed by how many new yo-yos she was seeing lol

1 Like

I miss my Aoda Littles - I still technically have it but it’s been misplaced for years. They remind me of a miniaturized General Yo Hatrick.

2 Likes

I’m really loving the look and feel of the polished one. The only thing thing I wish I’d done differently was polish the new one instead. The pads on a stock Littles don’t use adhesive and it would be easier to just pull those out and do this. On mine, I left the bearing seat unpolished because I didn’t want to remove the flowable silicone I’d put in.

2 Likes