A good yo-yo to bring to school

I don’t really plan on doing offstring in school. Just maybe after or when I’m not doing anything, and I happen to be outside on grass. So what I really want is a yo-yo that plays 1A really well, but can also play offstring to a certain level.

And anyway, the only reason I don’t want to bring my DM to school is that it has seen better days. And my friends constantly keep asking to borrow my yo-yos even though they’ve only ever played with fixed axles.

do you give it to them?

Carry around a Butterfly and let your friends play them, that’s what I use to do.

He said “borrow” pretty clearly.

i see that, i meant do you give it to them to borrow.

I used to lend it whenever I’m teaching them a trick, but just for like one or two minutes. I used to have a working Speed Beetle, but it’s broken beyond repair thanks to numerous drops. I’ve learned my lesson, so I don’t expect to lose any more yo-yos because of that.

EDIT: I’ve taken a look at the Legacy. It looks like a good yo-yo; not too expensive, and supposed to be unresponsive out of the box. Any thoughts on it? Is it durable? Can it grind well?

Durable, somewhat. More durable than a metal for sure and it should be nice. It doesn’t grind the best, but it would do fine.

Or a Velocity…

They are awesome, also if kids want to try it out switch it to responsive.

Erm… what’s wrong with bringing a DM to school? I bring mine to school, and then just hide it in my backpack with some cushion around it… then watch my backpack…

1. For your information, I did read the whole of his post, and when he talked about flying panda, he just means that he tries to stays away from all yoyos with sharp rims, and not specifically for offstring.
  2. He did not state that he likes the speedmaker, he just stated that he might be considering the speedmaker, and asked our opinions about it. He might not know that the speedmaker has a sharp shape.
  3. It should be his preferences that help us to select his own yoyo and not ours. After all, he is the one buying and playing with the yoyo, so we should respect him and recommend a yoyo based only on his preferences.
    No offence, xcon888, just clarifying. ;D

I bring my dv888 and 888. I keep them in my 2 pockets at all times (except when I yo-yo, lol) and yo-yo over the grass. So… yeah.

I take my G5 to school but I let NO ONE touch it… I do bring my FH2 in my back pack so I can let some one play it if they want…

I love my Legacy… Its such a smooth throw… I get good grinds from mine… And its taken a beating… Broken strings on concrete hit hard yanno…

The only problem is after 5 months of some heavy play one of the silicone stickers came out and rippped… It still plays and responds to some tougher binds but wont bind tight… But if your good with silicone this wont be a problem…

I have grown to like my Legacy FAR more than my DM and at 20 bucks its not a waste if you dont like it… A mod-monkey if you want

Try the F.A.S.T. 201 its plastic and it’s under 15 dollars.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I really appreciate them. :wink:

I think I’ll wait until the new YYF Plastics come out tonight. That Pocket Change looks promising.

Legacy!!!

Pocket Change

legacy fosho!

fhz all the way, i got mine last weekend and recessed it and its one of my fave throws

if you want a yoyo thats good for 1a and 4a then id go with the legacy i play offstring with it alot but i can do all the 1a tricks i can with a metal yoyo with the legacy

i would suggest the legacy

I’d get a kickside or a legacy the speed maker i’ve heard isn’t that bad either(play’s a bit faster so it could get more ??? from your friend’s)