a day's work

that looks great! the bevel on the end is cool and those scale pics are impressive.

keep at it man, youve got some skill.

thanks so much!

spec.
diameter: 55,10 mm
width: 52,80 mm
weight: 65,86 gr.

Glad to see you sliced those walls down in the V2 .
That will much for much better hits and landings.

Philip: the small bearing Genesis. :slight_smile:

since I hadn’t two other spacer… I made them myself…

http://s9.postimg.org/ggp5pn1xb/IMG_1591.jpg

http://s2.postimg.org/m6jlbg3wp/IMG_1593.jpg

Is a long time passed and so I thought of something … but the light of reason always made me give up … since it is a titanic task :smiley:
Then tonight, I finally took the first step … I bought two pieces of titanium bar 6Al4V (grade 5), diameter 65 mm.
Make two identical cups, with response system and the bearing housing with this type of material … with a manual lathe, is an enterprise that borders almost impossible …
will clearly be a shape very simple and straightforward, I’ll have to plan ahead a lot and do a lot of tests with other materials … I just hope that the result is not to throw away time and tools … I and my trusty Ceriani (the next year is celebrating its 30th anniversary) we will be able to cope with this challenge?
If you interesting will keep you updated.
Ciao!

P.S. a working day, in this case, it will not be enough certainly!

Something is happening but we are far…

Work in progress…

P.S. the yoyo seems small, it actually has a diameter of 55.20 mm … the effect is given by the bearing, one size M (that of BigYo YoyoJam for instance), this yoyo infact (as seen from the first picture) can mount bearings measure D, measure C, or measure M

Wow…how many times did you have to sharpen your cutting bits for that?

It will seem absurd, but never!
I did it all with two plates mounted on its pad arms Proxxon … and they are still usable … everything is in understanding how many laps to work … how fast to proceed and how much depth to give … that’s all.

Titanus is born.

on a lathe?
that is awesome

‘Titanus’…

Don’t call it that.

2 Likes

How did you attach the nut on the yoyo? did you just make a circular hole on the lathe and tap the nut in, or did you make it hexagonal first (if yes how?).

Lol!

After a session or two with this you will either have one of the most muscular throw fingers in the world or more than likely it will just be laying on the ground by your feet. :-\

oh lord… please…

He probably didn’t even notice it in the first place ;D

Sounds like a name Anti-yo would have come up with ;D

Common language barrier I think.