4a tricks, videos, and discussion

you found it? :joy:

2 Likes

You guys mind if I revive this thread?

I’ve just gotten into 4A and I’m destroying it. I can do basics, tods and catch, one handed bind, and barrel rolls! Hoping to learn some whips soon.

2 Likes

forgot i made this thread…

that’s great man! i kinda stopped 4a because things got crazy lol. will pick it up again soon. :smiley:

2 Likes

I remember getting really into 4A during my Sophomore year of high school. I love doing it but most my time has been consumed by 1A and perfecting those tricks.

1 Like

I can do overhand whips now! They aren’t actually as hard as I thought they were gonna be.

2 Likes

they are a ton of fun!

2 Likes

Problem, my bearings not working properly. Anyone have the flight? I’ll have to send some pictures tomorrow of the inside but nothing looks wrong. Has anybody had this happen to them? I also tried lubing it which didn’t work. HELP I DONT WANT 2 DEFECTIVE YO-YOS OUT OF 3 TOTAL YOYOS

1 Like

I find that off string yoyo bearings get dirty easier.

2 Likes

I’ll try cleaning it. If it doesn’t work then I don’t know if I can buy from YYF again.

1 Like

Wait till after the pics though.

2 Likes

Yyf is a good company, you probably just coincidently got to bad ones. If they’re real duds they might even replace them.

1 Like

It happens sometimes.

I’ve received a couple throws from other companies that had the bearing seize after a couple days.
Changed or cleaned them and back in biz!

2 Likes

![image|375x500](upload://qut

5K5M32pAHgDWB1ef43QSbnnm.jpeg)

I believe it’s not because of my bearing. When it started not spinning properly I took it apart, took the washer off the bearing and then stuck it in the yo-yo itself so I might have screwed up there.

2 Likes

It looks like the spacer in the first photo it backwards!

2 Likes

Do you have any suggestions on how to get it out of there and back in?

1 Like

Use the axle as a tool to wedge it out.

2 Likes

Ok the yo-yos spinning now, but not for as long. I’m gonna try cleaning the bearing and see if that helps.

3 Likes

Got the bearing working. Also I landed a cast whip on the wrong string today, and a couple of bridge whips!

1 Like

Good to hear your back in operating order. Damn bearings can be so fussy sometimes.

When I catch a whip on the wrong string I just do a cross arm hop out of it

Sam post from earlier. Caught the wrong string on the whip at the end.

2 Likes