3 x Questions for B.Vu

whats up dude, hope to see you at AP this year!

1. the Variant is one of my favorite plastics of all time, it’s got that chonk weighty feeling that feels so darn good in the hand. i’m not sure if this has been answered before, but what was the name inspiration for the Variant?

2. will OFFSET deal with different yoyo accessories? strings etc

3. my GF is trying to get me to visit Australia this year, we’re both in Hong Kong. interested in meeting up for a coffee?

thanks dude!

1 Like

you’re going to AP as well? hope i can meet uu

1 Like

yup! come up to me and say hi, i’ll be wearing a G2 or SF tshirt, or just scream “YOYOTRAVELS WHERE ARE YOU?” and i’ll raise my hand

3 Likes

Aight, take note im really small and will probably be wearing a plain black shirt. :joy:

1 Like

Hey skklexie!

Haha good questions :slight_smile:

1. Okay, so the name Variant… sighs… here we go. So Offset’s slogan is “Stand Apart”, I liked how the name Outlier fit in with that slogan, but we couldn’t think of another name. I was really set on “Anomaly” but YYR had released a Yoyo with that name a few weeks prior. Deviant, was thrown into the ring, but it didn’t sound right. So we looked up synonyms for different, and we got Variant. It took some time to let the name grow on us but that’s what we went with.

2. Yup! We sell a few bearing and t shirts.

3. Absolutely!! Hit me up and we might even organise a meet with the other Aussie players. I live in Sydney though, just a heads up.

3 Likes
  1. oh that’s cool! for some reason, the name “Variant” really appealed to me!

2. RIP my bad for not paying attention

3. awesome, we were planning to go to Sydney. i’ll hit you up on Instagram if we do end up going, thanks man!

2 Likes