2015 Battle of the Elders (30+) - People's Choice winners p23

Sorry, sorry! Meant to do that. I do think almost all of them are already represented in this thread which is why I wasn’t in a panic. Since I did not receive any requests to keep private, it should be a quick matter of copy-paste.

1 Like

Videos have been added in a separate thread for your viewing enjoyment!

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,88195.0.html

Greg,

How would you prefer me to vote on the people choice award. By pm?

Hey, GregP:

While waiting for the results I think it is time to congratulate you on a job well done. All of your hard work in developing, setting up and promoting this event is greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

Very much THIS! ^^

Hey, thanks guys! I appreciate that!!

People’s choice awards are going to be in an external poll. The built-in mechanism in YYE has proven in the past to be kinda… imprecise. By doing an external vote, we can vote either top-3 or even top-5 (any preferences out there?)

I really liked the “top-X” in ranked order system. It gives voters a chance to be able to give points to more than one people and saves them the stress of having to pick just one.

1 Like

I like this idea.

I dont know what an external poll is…as long as all the info I’d need is right here on this thread I dont mind! ;D ;D

Ie. it’s not hosted on yoyoexpert.com. You will be given a link to a poll on SurveyMonkey.com or wherever I happen to decide to host the poll. Soon enough the details will arrive! :slight_smile:

This is why I sort of wish I could start doing draws and awarding other prizes while the judges deliberate… the wait is killing us! Hahaha! Want to give away shiny new things…

1 Like

Just wanna say that this contest is awesome. You’re all freakin killer. Good Luck!

1 Like

Haha, I’m feeling the Gambit feels. Even though it’s a contest I did the bulk of organizing, the results are mostly out of my hands and I’m eagerly anticipating results, too. :slight_smile:

If I can get a solid 4 out of the 5 judges done, I might have to bring in a last-minute guest judge. Or take a vote (the judging panel and other notable stakeholders) on whether 4 is enough. We’ll see. :wink:

1 Like

Any word on when the poll will be available to vote. ( I am ready to Vote for people’s choice.)

1 Like

Y’know…

I could fire up a poll of ALL videos and then if the voted-for top vote is already a prize winner, it could just cascade down to the first non-prize-winner…

Hmm…

Actually, I can’t even off the top of my head remember if we’re excluding winners of other prizes. I’ve successfully confused myself due to the bounty of prizes!!!

2 Likes

That, at least, is a nice problem to have. Especially nice for us!

Any news yet?

Yes. The two judges with slowth are still laden with slowth.

I want to start busting out prizes… had a LONG conversation with a friend last night about different options and it all came down to “Gotta find out the winners”… Alas, I couldn’t have predicted it would take this long. :wink:

I also have to re-read the thread to see what sorts of decisions we made regarding prizes… here’s what I’m remembering so far:

1st-3rd for both divisions: obviously awaiting judges
Fixie Packs: could go to anyone, winner or not… so we could do this draw any time?
Best Video/Banger: can go to anyone, but decided by judges, so same scenario as 1st-3rd
People’s Choice: chosen by the people! But from a pool of people who didn’t otherwise win a main prize
2 Random Draw packs: I don’t think we talked about it, but I really think these should go to non-winners. Spread the wealth as it were.
Judge’s Choice: yet another one that’s specifically intended for someone the judges wanted to show appreciation for but who didn’t win another prize.

So if I’m not mistaken, the only ones I can draw for immediately are the Fixie packs.

Anyone been following closely enough that wants to sanity-check? If I’m right, we can give away hundreds of dollars worth or prizes courtesy of yooldman, Ed Haponik, and Hildy Bros as early as tomorrow!

I have also tested the polling mechanism. Should be seamless and easy… it’s all from a drop-down list which makes it even easier than last year’s main vote.

1 Like

Let’s do it, get those prizes flowing!

Sounds good. spread the wealth and open the gates of amaze balls swag to the masses! Muhahahahaaa

I think you got it all right on.

So you have 3 of 5 judges that are done?
That would be enough to move forward IMO, but I’m easy either way.