2009 Bay Area Classic

It depends on whether there is Transportation there or not. Amtrak and Greyhound aren’t reliable on weekends. It’s only a 2-hour drive from my place. Let’s keep this post alive until after the competition. This may be one of the few chances we have to meet each other in person. I’ll be the kid with the Grey Fox, SM, and Legacy. The Grey Fox is zinc, banged up and cotton string. Red SM, black Legacy.

i will be there, cant wait!

I think I might going compete there…

Happy Throwing! =]

i wish i could be there so bad but it’s the day before my dad’s bday and i live in Arizona so it’s not exacly next door. but maybe next year.

what are b-grade yo yos?

B-Grades are less then perfect metal yoyos, usually this means flaws in anodizing or a bit of vibe, but they still play great and they are a great price! basically YYFs way of giving people who might be a little tight on cash to own a high end metal yoyo.

You forgot, not only YYF sells B-grades.They are also called different names by different companies.
Fools Gold for CLYW, B-Grade for YYF.

ah yes i forgot about the new fools gold, those are usually more vibe related rather then ano related.

Don’t they still play awesomely?

Its friday and i’m waiting in a Hotel. probably going to go to band shell and see if anyone is there.

See all you guys tomorrow! I’ll try to find everyone

Stop torturing me!
JK
I cant go. >:(

See you guys in the morning!

lol,have fun there!

How was it?

As a first timer to a contest, I’d say it was enjoyable. Plenty of contestants and a number of yo-yos and accessories to be bought. I felt there could’ve been more vendors and maybe something like a yo-yo class, but that’s just me :P. Cold as hell though.

It was amazingly awesome, and I met a lot of people there :smiley:

And the results!

1A

1st Jensen Kimmit
2nd Sebastian Brock
3rd Paul Han

2A

1st Grant Johnson
2nd Yoshi Mikamoto
3rd Josh Yee

3A

1st Paul Yath