What is your favorite style?

Naamaan 1A, I wish I could do tech, but I cant get close I suck lol.

It’s just considered fixed-axle AFAIK. There are fixed-axle tournaments here and there but they are mostly an oddity.

Wouldn’t it still be 1a? 1 yoyo, and your still doing string tricks I guess… Kind of… Yea… :smiley:

And it may be a responsive yoyo but 1a doesn’t have to be unresponsive. So I think fixed axle would be like a subcategory of 1a

I suppose it wouldn’t be against the rules to use a responsive yo-yo in 1A, although some descriptions I’ve seen specifically mention 1A as using “one unresponsive yo-yo”, but I can’t imagine anyone doing it except as a joke maybe. They usually just call fixed-axle tournaments fixed-axle tournaments. Technically it could be a subcategory of 1A. The categories are generally defined pretty vaguely. Like I’ve learned apparently it would be legal to use two yo-yos in 5A.

1A was coined when yoyos were still responsive

It’s legal to use 2 yoyos in 4a, and it has been done, most notably by rei iwakura. He did it at contests before. It can be done with 5a but it’s just too difficult I haven’t seen anyone actually do it. And responsive yoyos can be used at contests in 1a.

Harold Owens.

I know/agree with all this. If someone uses a responsive yo-yo in a contest it’s probably going to have a bearing and be “bind optional.” We were talking about fixed axle yo-yos specifically, which yes, I suppose could be used in 1A, though nobody would do so except as a joke.

Go tell that to Ed Haponik (sorry if mispelled).

Ed doesn’t compete with fixed as far as I know. But he does do some magical stuff with fixies. =)

I know some people are into fixed axle yo-yos. I’m just saying if these people enter 1A tournaments they cannot seriously expect to do well. Surely we can agree upon that?

I thought it was the diablo that came from China, and what we consider a yoyo first coming out of Greece?
Not doubting or arguing, just genuinely into history type stuff.
Do you have any links you could point me to?

Oh, comepting right.