What did you get in the mail for 2020/2021?

Yeah it’s so nice. Makes playing easier

1 Like

That’s an awesome mail day! How do you like the Serenity? I love 2Sick’s colorways but I haven’t jived with their monometals enough for me to justify grabbing a Serenity.

I’m really enjoying the Rev1 but I’m hoping the next iteration cuts a gram or so. But it definitely feels like an evolution of

2 Likes

NICE. I’ve thought about getting into ham since I retired. What is that unit? Is there a home unit that you recommend to a beginner in the hobby?

That’s a Yaseau ftm-400xdr. It’s a great unit I would recommend to anyone. For a beginner who is testing the waters I’d recommend the beofang f8hp. It has a bunch of options like high dollar radios but without the price. It lets you figure out if you like ham enough to invest in higher dollar units. Im admittedly new myself, but if you have any questions I’d be happy to try and answer them.

1 Like

Thanks. Found it on Amazon. I can afford that one. Watching some YouTube video reviews now.

1 Like

The Serenity is really good. A bit of shakes after a stiff throw but it spins forever and moves really smooth. $45 for solid colors it’s an obvious edc that you don’t have to worry on too much.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve heard good things but Joey just seems to like his throws lighter and more H than I generally do. I like the approach on the Endgame but I haven’t been feeling it on his monos. Got the Olympiad on the BST and strongly debating listing my Flank next week.

1 Like

Holy balls it’s delightful @fatguysnacks247

Also this custom counterweight my wife commissioned for me! Perfect pairing!

18 Likes

That looks amazing for 5-0A. I wish the engraving wasn’t so off center tho.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m sure it was a matter of equipment not being built for tiny circles, lol. His full sized throws are all dead center.

3 Likes

Boom! I posted in this other topic to keep from hijacking this one. I’d been meaning to post a picture of the inside of it for a while; thanks for the encouragement :smiley:

1 Like

Yessir I am! That FTM-400 looks great! I think I’d get myself in trouble reaching through the steering wheel though :thinking: I had to dismantle my home station last weekend for some remodeling, but I’ll snap a picture of my mobile install tomorrow.

2 Likes

Nice counterweight!

Is it functional as a yoyo, too?

4 Likes

I wouldn’t think so. The ‘axle’ is about 2cm in diameter and the ‘wall’ is maybe a couple mm.

6 Likes

Looks so good!

2 Likes

So, could you use a Mighty Flea as a counter weight?

3 Likes

use a spinning Might Flea lol.

3 Likes

Not sure about the Flea, especially while it’s spinning since the gap is narrow you’d probably get some surprise binds on the wrong end of your string, lol. I know someone (@gravyoyo perhaps?) did it with a Loonie from Rain City.

4 Likes

Here’s the setup in my truck:

2 Likes

The thing is that the mighty flea is really heave and would be hard to use as a counterweight.

1 Like