Fingerspins - how to keep more horizontal?

Could I get a short video of you doing a fingerspin?

I guess. I’ll have to do it from home. I’m starting to hate this thread. It’s not any of you guys (you’re all awesome!) it’s just my personal frustration when I can tell that I’ve failed to communicate the problem and then people start talking about unrelated things (due to my own lack of presenting my question properly) and getting sidetracked.

As already stated, plain old fingerspins aren’t a problem. The angle is just so steep, and none of those guys doing LONG combos with the yoyo being mostly horizontal the whole time have their yoyo at such an angle. None of them. And the technique seems to be a mystery to me. I’ve watched the tutorial video you made to help other people, Andy, and it’s fine for someone wanting to get the kind of spins I already do. I just don’t know about the next level. :wink:

But I guess I can make a video.

Actually, here at 0:54 is a quick one of me. I wasn’t aiming for longevity, just to hop it up and bind it. But I can let it spin longer than that.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdRND0iwvU0)

I actually want to see how the yoyo is spinning around your finger when its full horizontal so just a quick video when you get home might help  :slight_smile:

Explore Andy Nguyen

There’s a video of me, are yours looking like that?

When your doing fingerspins and hops, a SLIGHT tilt should NOT cause the yoyo to spin around your finger. You only need a slight tilt, and with that you can still do hops, it should not be so tilted where its turning into something like a thumb grind and it causes you to not be able to do hops