ZGRT: Basilisk monometal (re-run) releasing next week

It should be out by the end of the week if everything goes as planned.

8 Likes

Definitely going to jump on this

1 Like

Sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Wonder if it loops well with that blank bearing.

2 Likes

Not sure if everyone has seen this review but this may answer some questions…

8 Likes

Just purchased one of the green ones direct from the ZG website, so excited! I’ve been looking for a metal responsive and a fixed axle for a while so this is ideal. @jeduardo I’m in the UK, how do I go about getting replacement response pads for it? Do you have a distributor over in the UK or in Europe, or is it something I’ll have to get from the US or Canada?

Hey @ragingben ! Thanks for your support. We have stock at YYE and at our place. We have 2 team members in Europe and we can also send them some stock there if needed.

4 Likes

This yo-yo is absolutely fantastic!
I cannot put it down.
I have messed around with all the different bearing set ups and each one offers a very different way to play.
I have been playing the fixed axle most. It’s got a great response it feels great in the hand.
I was happy to see the flexibility that this one offers and pocket friendly.
I read on a couple spots people thought it needed a thicker string. I have not found that the case. It’s been extremely snappy when I want it to be with standard bulk strings.
Anyhow just thought I’d join in the conversation I think it’ll be a while before I put this one down.
I’m grateful to have access to @bandalores on insta too really get into fixed play!
Thanks for listening

11 Likes

Hey @Overtinkering, thanks for taking the time to write this post. I am so pleased to hear you liked this boy. More to come around El MiJo series. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

@hanker just standard basic string.
All I wanted to say was nothing special because when I purchased the yoyo I was worried I need some something more unique based off another review I saw but it wasn’t the case for me.

@jeduardo wow what a tease lol exciting!

2 Likes

By standard bulk string do you mean normal size strings? Or fat size?

What a tease!!

1 Like

Which will include a new bearing size thanks to you!

3 Likes

Wow I’m on the edge of my seat!
Can’t wait.

The new bearing size is exciting, but honestly the combination of “el mijo”, and then “series” has me at cat levels of curious lol

3 Likes

El MiJo comes from the story of the bond of two brothers and their joy of throwing. El MiJo 6061 is El MiJo’s brother. Same dimensions, same finish but 3 grams lighter.

15 Likes

13 Likes

Is the black one black this time, or dark grey again? just want to manage my expectations lol

This one is grey and it is like 2 or 3 tones lighter than the almost black one from the original run.

4 Likes

Good to know, thanks a ton!! This looks great <3

1 Like