Yoyofriends Sync Overview

2 Likes

I’m sure the Sync is a good yoyo, but it’s hard to get excited about it when there are 7068 throws for around the same price.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m sure there’s something I’m missing but I’m not sure why you guys couldn’t make it any cheaper?

If you’re machining other peoples budget metals that they’re selling for $45, I would guess(again, I’m probably just missing something) that y’all could sell them for even cheaper than that.

C3 and Topyo are selling budget metals for $30.

And if UNPRLD is selling 7075 metals for $45, I would think that you guys could at least match that using a cheaper material, 6061.

I’m just curious. Not that you guys have to convince me or anything, I already bought 2 :man_shrugging:

if they were $30 though I’d probably have 4

4 Likes

I just want you to know @andy569, that I agree with you. :tada:

2 Likes

Yoyofriends is still a small company though, especially compared to companies like UNPRLD or C3. Also, they claim that they have higher standards, so they probably have lower tolerances for vibe than other companies producing yoyos at this price point.

3 Likes

Nah, that explanation doesn’t cut it.

1 Like

I disagree! G2 for example has charged close to $100 for 6061 monometals only because he wants to sell glass smooth throws. I assume Yoyofriends is b-grading/trashing more yoyos than a normal company would for a yoyo at this price point.

4 Likes

I get a feeling they will claim what you said, though and probably add that the fact that they tested and prototyped it thoroughly add to the price of it. I don’t think that should make much of a difference either.

1 Like

There are so many companies with 6061 mono metal prices much higher than this. $50 is pretty reasonable imo

1 Like

Not for a China made 6061.

As I said earlier though, I’m sure it’s a good yoyo.

G2 is made in China

Exactly why I don’t and will not own a G2. I can buy a killer YYF yoyo made in China for a lot cheaper.

We are not popular enough to make too many yoyos and we have a big team to support, yoyo contests to sponsor like worlds and nationals. Our Machining cost and standard is very high, our “China made 6061” machining cost might just be higher than “USA made 6061”. It is 2019 people. Manufacturing in China has caught up or even surpassed USA machining. None of the 6061 yoyos we made for other brand sells for 45 dollars, (maybe direct sales but not even close in retail). At 50 we are already doing our best.

6 Likes

Shutter WA is 5 dollars more expensive than the Sync. It’s made by YYF. YYF has/has had plenty of monos more expensive than the Sync. I think it’s right around midrange for mono 6061s

2 Likes

I think I remember when C3 released their Level 6, there were less than 10 of each colorway, same as the Sync(pretty sure the c3 had less colorways too so their quantity was probably less). I know they released it other places too but so did YYF, so C3 couldn’t have made that many more models than YYF.

Same with UNPRLD. They aren’t releasing a crazy quantity. Yet they can sell 7075 for $45-$55. And I’m pretty sure FPM machined them too so they sold it to them. So if they’re selling them to UNPRLD, I would think they could make a 6061 that was cheaper than UNPRLDs 7075.

1 Like

FPM didn’t machine the recognition.

2 Likes

Didn’t you guys machine the abduction and corruption though?

Ultimately they can price whatever they want. It’s their product.

1 Like

Not the new ones. The old ones yes. FPM did not bold well, I think they lost a lot because of that.

Ok yeah I was just curious :man_shrugging: Like I said I already have 2 so I don’t think it’s overpriced for a general 6061.

I just wasn’t sure why it couldn’t have been a little cheaper considering that y’all actually own a machine shop. I know ODs a bigger company but they have high quality control as well and are American made(not saying that’s better, just that it’s more expensive) and make 6061 yoyos for $50

1 Like