YoYo Addiction

Is it wrong, that whenever I get a new YoYo I immediately want another one?

It is starting to seem like I want them all… Nothing wrong with that… Right?

Nope. Even though any yoyo can do the same things, you just want more and more just to throw them and see how it’s different.

Part of the fun is collecting them and learning the subtle little differences between each. That’s not to say that you can’t have just as much fun having just one yoyo that you play with but if you’ve got the means and the desire to collect, I say have at it!

Yuki

Well, if it’s wrong I must confess & repent because I’m exactly the same way.

I think that’s how all of us fell! Haha

I used to be like that but stopped. I realized that I didn’t want to spend a hundred dollars on something that was just going to feel a little different than what I already have. They all perform great, it’s not like a yoyo will do something different than another.

As long as you don’t spend more than you can afford, you’re fine.

I’m actually slowing down. I’ve got most of what I’m after. I’m actually been passing up opportunities on a lot of good stuff. For example, I actually have zero interest in the Drop Bear and Gelada. I don’t know why, but they just don’t appeal to me.

I like variety. This is in all aspects. Shape, size, profile, diameter, width, gap, bearing size and type, response type, surface treatment. Even materials matter. I buy stuff from the low to the high in regards to prices, having spent anywhere free to $350. I even sometimes buy in multiples. I have 6 Unleashed, for example, 3 DM2’s and 3 Speeders(not Speeder 2’s, but that’s another candidate as my Speeder 2 might be lonely!)

Right now, I’m on a side project to get yoyos for a bag that will stay at a shop I work at. The objective is to have a set of yoyos specifically for new players, so they will all be responsive. I’ve got to go find my list and go purchase those this week. Kids constantly see me playing and want to try, but I ain’t gonna let some kid bang the heck out of my Anglam!