Would you guys be interested in this idea? Sample packs

So in the string market, I notice there’s not a lot of dark colors. And I know that straight up black probably isn’t the best for tricks, what about darker colors? Or blends of dark colors with some lighter ones? Here are some color blends I’m thinking of:

• Black and White
  • Dark blue and Dark Green
  • Black and Tan
  • Dark variations of common blends such as red orange.

Please give me your feedback on this. If people like the idea, I might start doing this and send some samples to people!

Here’s an all black string I’ve done (keep in mind, this is my second string I will be making many more testing products):

• Dark green and blue
  • Black and white
  • Black and Tan
  • Dark red and orange
  • Other (please tell me)

0 voters

2 color combos completed!

5 Likes

Brights and darks.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

TBH dark string is really hard to see and my least favorite of all string colors. Even that shade of royal blue string that’s kind of popular is too dark for me. If you want to go this way, IMO you’ll need some lighter threads twisted in to aid visibility.

BUT, I might be an outlier and maybe there is a market for this stuff!

4 Likes

In the right conditions a dark string is useful. The sun’s pretty kickin’ in South Texas. Against a bright backdrop it’d be just right.

…or in the snow, but I’m from Texas - I’m not really sure what snow is😜…

4 Likes

I’m cut from the same cloth as you. I only use the brightest of colors even off camera

2 Likes

I can’t see what I’m doing if the string isn’t neon :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I throw mostly alone, I don’t record or compete so I know my opinion is limited, but I like dark strings, even black. I prefer to match my strings to the yoyo. I understand string visibility is important when showing your tricks off but I personally cant stand the neon yellow strings on every throw. I use some black ones already and would definitely be interested in darker shades, or mixes of light and dark.

2 Likes

Well I’m gonna put a poll up for what color you guys want me to do first. If you have any color suggestions tell me.

1 Like

Wouldn’t mind a lavender string

3 Likes

Perhaps dark blue or dark green mixed with tan. Or maybe brown mixed with red. Or gray and orange. I like the idea of darker colors but it’s true dark colors by themselves can be difficult to see, so a mix might be good. The lavender mentioned above mixed with gray might be nice.

4 Likes

Well I’m ordering some thread today, I think I’m gonna try to do a blood red light orange and a navy and forest green. I’m gonna buy spun poly because they have the largest selection of colors and it’s nice and soft.

1 Like

@Kyle @Legit_yoyostrings @Mystik where do you guys order your thread from?

3 Likes

wawak.com

4 Likes

Thank you, I was trying to order from amazon lol.

2 Likes

So literally no where has a nice dark red spun poly so do you guys like the red more or wine?

1 Like
1 Like

That site is awesome.

2 Likes

I usually shop here: thethreadexchange.com

2 Likes

At work right now but I’ll find a link here in a bit. Sometimes I just go to hobby lobby if I’m impatient or my inspiration has hold of me( same thing😁)

3 Likes

So I usually get supplies from here.

The poly they have is softer that HL’s is and I think they are Texas based like me, so double win!!!

4 Likes