Why is yoyoing such a no-no?

How come people can’t leave you in peace to yoyo at school?

I feel quite peaceful.

However, for the people who do try and make fun of you, they are probably jealous, bored, lonely, or all of the above :smiley:

(winterjibber) #3

ya it gets pretty annoying.i always got called one of the yoyo geeks among a couple others. or they screwed up my tricks n stuff. the thing i do like is that everyone thinks the tricks are amazing so that makes me feel like im good. :slight_smile:

They can’t leave you alone. They have to hit your gyros, kick the yoyo…

I’ve never had issues with others about my yoyoing at school, even in college. But for those who do, just ignore them. It matters more that you enjoy it, and if others think it’s stupid they are just showing you they are not worth your friendship.

Not bad… but this is Middle School.

(_|@<06) #7

yeah one time i was doing a sleeper to show off my sleep time of my speedmaker (45 seconds? lol) and one of my supposed friends came and kicked it and broke my string and it went flying down the hallway…grrr i dont like people who cant accept something different just because there jealous

Anyone feel this?

Anything unusual is laughed at. And a nation that prides itself for individuality…

I think they are just jealous, my school went through a yoyo craze a while ago, now everyone thinks I’m a dork just because I yoyo. The thing they don’t realize is that they have a few Speeders (for some reason everyone bought those) and an 888 in their closet. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just whatever everyone else is doing right?
I’m trying to promote it… Is it true toysrus is really selling FHZs?
Everywhere?

This can really help me… But only six graders listen to me, 7th grade. 7th graders are like: You’re crazy." Eighth graders leave me alone. ;D

Here it is at my school:

Demonstrate to kids before they get to middle school.

Middle School: Teachers love it, few kids like it, my supposed friends always say

“Why am I your friend again?”
“YOu can leave any time you want.”
“I don’t want to though.”

My best friends supports me.

It just goes to show you, your best friend is just like you. Today, people say they are all unique individuals when they start making fun of people that do unique things.

(Mitch) #12

Im in highschool and all my teachers think its cool and every thinks its neat… Noone else is into it so Im kind of like a yoyo pioneer at my school. The one thing that does bug me is every now and then I friend will think its funny to catch the yoyo out of the air and stop it, or kick it… But other than that its no big deal…

Haha!

I get a ton of spam and I got one that adds on to the friend thing.

"Friend: calls your parents by mr. and mrs.

Best friend : calls your parents dad and mom.

Friend: has never seen you cry

Best Friend: has always had the best shoulder to cry on

Friend: never asks for anything to eat or drink

Best friend: opens the fridge and makes herself at home

Friend: asks you to write down your number.

Best friend : they ask you for their number ( cuz they can’t remember it)

Friend: borrows your stuff for a few days then gives it back

Best friend:     has a closet full of your stuff  

Friend: only knows a few things about you

Best friend: could write a biography on your life

[b]Friend: will leave you behind if that is what the crowd is doing

Best friend: will always go with you [/b]

SPAM FTW!

Just wanted to point that out.

Little kids at my school stare and think I am cool ( K-2 Graders) Older kids don’t care (3-4 Grade) OLDER kids think you are a nerd (5-7)

All that I have experienced. But if someone says “Yo-yoing is STUPID you NERD!”

1. Boomerang them
  2. Ignore them and do some tech
  3. Not care and be yourself
  4. Say “Go poop yourself”

But I don’t care what other people think, I was at the mall and I drew a crowd and I didn’t notice it for about 5 minutes because I was messing with some new stuff.

(Waylon) #14

ignoring them is the best advice you can take. that and don’t take your good throws to school.

That’s touching. I can’t even do Boomerang.

Yeah. It works like a stay away from this person sensor. They laugh at you, you know not to get too close. It’s like reading the back cover of a book of the person. Some stink, some don’t.
Stay away from the stink! :stuck_out_tongue:

(JayVee) #17

I’ve been yo-yoing at my school for a few weeks now, but no one’s ever made fun of me. (Well, maybe once when I said to a 7th grader that I kept dozens of string at home :P) Actually, everyone’s come to associate me with the yo-yo(Those that see me do a trick at least), and in a respectful way, probably because I’m the only one who yo-yos openly at school.

The only major problem I have with yo-yoing at school is that everyone crowds around me whenever I yo-yo. Then they would ask me to do a trick, at the risk of getting hit by a 70-gram yo-yo. ::slight_smile:

Another problem I’ve had at school is that no one really appreciates the fact that yo-yoing is a sport. Everyone thinks that it’s just some pastime that looks great for show. The closest I have ever heard yo-yoing being referred to as a sport is when I heard a friend say that I do it as a hobby.

The best solution that I’ve found is to just ignore them if they aren’t talking at or about you, but respond if they do. If you think they’re engaged, let them try out a spare yo-yo. Hopefully that’ll help promote yo-yoing.

Anymore reasons?
Or experiences.

(winterjibber) #19

1 half of my yoyo got unscrewed and the person ran and wouldnt give it back until my dad picked me up after school. if i rode the bus i might have never seen the other half of my legacy would be

(JonasK) #20

I find it scary to draw a crowd. When I’m bored at a mall, I yoyo to make the time flow. And when I look up I see a bunch of people just staring at me. Both fun and scary. In school people call me nerd and everything. I don’t really care about it, it’s no big deal.

Addment: I just made my boomerang a lot better so I am having some fun with that. Almost hit someone though.