Why do we like yoyoing?

I can boast about my skills with a yoyo to friends outside of the yoyoing scene and waste my parents money by purchasing yoyos over the internet…hmm, what else…oh yeah! I have green string that could probably work as shoelaces ;D

None taken. But thanks.

I started yo-yoing because of anime and boredom mostly. I was watching Hunter x Hunter and Powerpuff Girls Z when I started. Plus 2 months of house arrest with nothing to do, might as well have started. Now I yo-yo whenever I get nervous or bored. Ironically though I can’t yo-yo when people are watching me. It’s a good way to meet random people I guess. I’ve had people come up to me and compliment me about it and ask questions, but when they ask me to do tricks I always fail when I make an attempt.

I love to yoyo because I find that it is a fun talent you can have, and you can take it everywhere. Also I like it when people ask me how much my yoyo was. I always get the same response. You spent 120$ on a yoyo!

(ChrisFrancz) #46

I love throwing because it’s fun and that I am developing a skill that involves so much physical coordination just astounds me. It takes me a long time to learn certain simple moves but when it clicks, my self-confidence soars and gives me a deep happiness and satisfaction.

({John15}) #47

I’d agree with everything you stated here, and I’d also add that I love the collecting/trading aspect of it. That experience as a whole is pretty satisfying. Who doesn’t like coming home to a little package every now and then?

(ChrisFrancz) #48

Errrr…sometimes I love that feeling a little too much if you know what I mean…

({John15}) #49

Yep! I know exactly what you mean

(ClockMonsterLA) #50

Honestly, I don’t know why I like yoyo so much, given how bad I am at it. I think maybe it’s because the skills seem so tantalizingly within reach, it is hard to walk away from it. The urge to try a trick again (and again and again) is so powerful it is almost addictive. Then there’s the fact that they are just so dang pretty; basically little objet d’art.

(ChrisFrancz) #51

Based on your video from a few months ago and how much better I believe you have gotten since then, I think you’re pretty darn good! Of course, none of us are as good as we want to be but we are all better than the week we started and to me that’s pretty cool.

It’s with me for the ups and downs.

(ChrisFrancz) #53

Very punny, my man.

Too many reasons to list off

to have something cool to do in my spare time

(ChrisFrancz) #57

I think of my non-yoyo time as my spare time.

(shubham) #58

I like yoyoing because:-

1. It can be played alone.
  2. Its has tricks like UFO, Gyroscopic flop which is possible with a yoyo.
  3. It’s interesting because there are a lot of tricks, lots of types of yo-yos, lots of materials of yoyos.

I think with the 3rd point I am answering your question.so you cannot be bored. Yoyoing is an art.

I want to add one more point its getting interesting due this forums good people.They are always ready to help.

(⛷ Noisy Lurker) #59

I could tell you, but you know!

(ChrisFrancz) #60

And we never reach the end…there is always more to learn and invent!

(shubham) #61

I agree with you. It’s just like programming.