What film/movie/series did you last watch?

“Your Name” was a Good Movie!, Have you seen “Genocidal Organ”? If not you should, Great Watch

1 Like

I use to kiiind of feel this way… But now I’m a father of three bright and beautiful kiddos. There is something about the bond of parenthood that is difficult to fathom if you’ve never experienced it. It may not be “special” in regards to uniqueness, but it is certainly significant and meaningful.

6 Likes

It’s difficult to put into words how the experience of having children changes a person. The simple fact that you can no longer (or shouldn’t) live a self centered existence has a profound effect on a person’s perspective. And while I respect @beherenow 's opinion, it is typically a view held by those that do not have children and live only for themselves.

3 Likes

I’m quite a childish adult, but man you have never gotten down with some Shrek? I love that movie. Same with Monsters Inc and Ice Age. Alot of kids movies are pretty great if you give them a chance. I dont have kids either but I have been blessed with an incredible neice and nephew.

4 Likes

This random movie starring Adam Sandler called The Cobbler I believe.

I can’t say it was good, but I did finish watching it, so there’s that haha.

2 Likes

I definitely agree. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is one of my personal favorites, but most Pixar (idr if the movie mentioned is by them) is watchable.

3 Likes

Iron Giant is such a good movie. I love that the idea that Brad Bird had (due to family things) was what if a gun didn’t want to be a gun?

For me through, last movie was Fighting with my Family. Good but not fantastic. If you like wrestling you’ll enjoy it.

3 Likes

WALL-E. Never too old to enjoy a Pixar film.

3 Likes

Well that got off topic - My bad. Some posts deleted to clean it up.

Back to it - I’ve got Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on queue for tonight!

5 Likes

I’m the biggest silly goof I know. “Stay as young as you can till you die.” Something like that.

Ratatouille!

Brad Bird did Ratatouille too. Good writer.

I’ve got Free Solo just not watching it. I mean I want too, but once I do, I’ve watched it. lol. Plus I though the 5.11 and 5.12’s I’ve free solo’d (and 5.6 - 5.10’s they can all maim or kill ya) were hard. Alex is like a whole other level making these single pitches I did look like childs play. ha ha ha

Oh yeah, Tommy Caldwell has his out too. Dawn Wall.

2 Likes

You should probably edit the above post too @YoYoExpertGarrett … or have your son eventually do it :wink:

I kid, I kid!

5 Likes

Free Solo and Dawn Wall are both on my must see list. Free Solo just popped up on Hulu, so maybe get to that one this weekend.

5 Likes

Deep Red, the Dario Argento 1975 giallo horror movie. Had friends on me to watch and I was kind of meh. The killings were slasher style but the mystery was like any cop show and the acting was terrible bordering on bizarre.

1 Like

The Dawn Wall is on Netflix now.

I bet. lol.

1 Like

Just got back from seeing Captain Marvel. Fun little action/adventure movie. I’m an MCU completist so naturally I had to see it before next month’s Endgame.

2 Likes

Yeah I liked it too. It’s a lot of fun like the Ant-man films.

2 Likes

The Shape of Water! Now that’s a “best picture” I can get behind, unlike this year’s… whatever the heck that was… :wink:

5 Likes

Last night I watched Event Horizon which I really enjoyed despite how flawed it is at times, I think it just wanted to be too many things all at once.

1 Like

I really wish they would have Incorporated the race to dragons Edge series storyline [Netflix] in the third one because they left out some pretty significant character development and ended up wasting a lot of the screen time because of it.

The main antagonizer was built up to be this Mastermind, but I personally don’t think the guy held a Candlestick to Viggo grimborn in The Race to The Edge series.

And in the movie they made it seem like Astrid and Hiccup we’re not prepared to marry each other, when at the end of the Netflix series, they were basically already there.

2 Likes

Lords of Chaos! Edit out possible spoiler, my bad. I remember this on the news lol.

For a lighter film with more dialogue and a different Culkin try out ‘Infinity Baby’. Nick Offerman too!

1 Like