What did you get in the mail this week (2013-2018)

image image
I got this beautifully painted Wedge from John Higby’s store!

17 Likes

fabulous! I am waiting for a legend wing he painted on!

7 Likes

image image

Waiting eagerly for my TiWalker, but these were a nice addition this week.

9 Likes

I hope you like SHUTTERS! I was needing new supplies in my ongoing effort to give worthy folks a new great throw! Amazing deal thanks to @smonuts

Also @Aragorn I have that exact DNA it is a great throw.

11 Likes

Is the painting on the inside of the plastic? Maybe it’s metal, I have no idea. Sorry. This is more of a display piece, right? It’s fantastic! I wish someone put something like this out with all that great artwork on the inside so it wouldn’t get ruined. I love it!

3 Likes

Yeah, they paint the inside, the part inside the cup that your hands don’t usually touch (unless you are a fingerspin maniac I guess) that’s why completely transparent plastic yoyos are a boon for this kind of art. :+1:

6 Likes

I have a Pro Z that I may experiment with and try to get all the factory markings off of and paint the insides of.

3 Likes

Holy crap, you bought that whole lot of shutters from him? You’re my freakin hero lol

7 Likes

Heeeeey, I recognize that from r/Throwers!

How neat!

5 Likes

As @codinghorror said, the cup of the yoyo is painted, as shown in the picture. As for playability, it’s totally playable! However, I am going to put it up for display because of how good it looks.

10 Likes

Yeah that was me :smile: I was suprised that it got so many upvotes!

7 Likes

I know, it was at the top of the sub for a while!

3 Likes

I am going to to paint INSIDE of the plastic so the painting can not be touched. I took apart my Pro Z and it’s possible just a little difficult and time-consuming.

4 Likes

Just for target practice. …PULL!

4 Likes

Though I haven’t got them in the mail yet, here is what I coming in later this week (I haven’t been this excited in a long time!)PNG

13 Likes

^ I love those colors!

8 Likes

That blueish aqua looks fantastic! Are they bead blasted?

5 Likes

They are bead blasted. Amazing grinding surface.

6 Likes

Yeah man, Bravo on those colors and finish. Super classy. You must be one proud parent! Haha

3 Likes

Just got a package from @AndreBoulay, and it’s the Yoyo I’ve been yearning to own for the entirety that I’ve been Yoyoing.

8 Likes