What did you get in the mail for 2020/2021?

For being a $15 throw…it sure is beautiful!

Also, @MarkD …that’s super nice of you!

11 Likes

…for selling some yoyos to Andy? Or the note? :open_mouth:

8 Likes

Both :stuck_out_tongue: lol the cute drawing, the cool note…all the stickers! :smiley:

3 Likes

Handwritten notes/letters with yoyos are the best.

5 Likes

Yeah I got a little note from Michael Kurti with my last Good Life order after I told them how much I love their yo-yos in the order comments section. It made my day.

5 Likes

I’ve been keeping an eye on the stock everywhere that has it and if it gets low enough I’ll cop one. I just would prefer to sell another of my yo-yos first but at least I sold the Avalanche.

I don’t know how nobody wants a 50$ Statement.

2 Likes

Do you have another OG Wide Angle to compare the “extra rim weight” in the new WYYC version for us?

I do…
This is my third wide angle and I also have an shutter. The extra weight is noticeable for sure. I think it weighs about 2 grams more but it has a bit more power and moves through the air with a little more force. Is it a game changer? Probably not, but personally I like it a little more honestly. The blue is a great color and the finish is smooth and a little more matte than the others. So it feels a little smoother for grinds.

Overall not a significant change but certainly noticeable and in my opinion a nice improvement.

4 Likes

I dislike all these stealth Shutter design changes! They should do an explicit 1.5 or 2.0 like they did with the Edge!

4 Likes

Thanks Jim!

It also really bothers me (probably more than it should) that Gentry didn’t even use the actual, OG Shutter WA in competition. YYF made such bold claims that it has the look and the performance of a bi-metal at half the cost, but apparently it doesn’t perform well enough for even Gentry to compete with smh

2 Likes

I understand what you’re saying but it’s not like it’s a fundamental redesign, it’s just a change in weight and its distribution.

3 Likes

I do agree with you. The OG Shutter had some variations before the WA and now the WA does as well. At least it is called something like the world championship WA.

3 Likes

Edge and Edge 1.5 was a weight and distribution change not fundamentally.

2 Likes

The WA really did need some more rim weight.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s down to Evans and Gentry’s personal decisions. One felt it was significant enough to note in the branding, the other might have felt like every new version is the current version they want marketed under that name.

1 Like

Evan used a prototybe edge beyond. It happens all the time.

3 Likes

While it’s not a fundamental redesign, the difference is significant enough that they made a whole new version. There’s a reason Gentry didn’t use the original WA in this year’s performances.

3 Likes

I can’t really argue with that. What year did the Wide-Angle come out in? And does anyone know what his contest results have been using the OG WA?

I wonder how often @Yoyoman13371337 has heard this in a post, but…
From Russia with Love

11 Likes