What did you get in the mail for 2020/2021?

i am so glad to finally own a Draupnir!

23 Likes

Not the most exciting mail day, but I wanted something that I didnā€™t really feel the need to worry about and thatā€™s easily replaced.

11 Likes

Just rub it in why donā€™t ya? :joy:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had this yoyo for a while and it is VERY good regardless of how little it costs. You may find yourself babying it anyway!

3 Likes

Now that ive had more time to play them, I can feel a slight difference, but its what youd expect, the stainless steel playing a little faster and the brass being more powerful. At first i likes the brass more but now im leaning towards the stainless. I like the brass a lot for learning tricks or when I feel like I need that extra power, but like the stainless steel when I just wanna flow.

5 Likes

Picked up a Clique from ODā€™s release

11 Likes

Fā€™real. I would have been happy with ā€œnot horribleā€ for the price. Itā€™s kinda crazy how good it actually is.

3 Likes

I must say, that unknown Pickaxe looks sick! :+1:

4 Likes

Got some new treats yesterday. Fools Gold Manatee, Puffin 1, Hubstack Genesis, Avalanche and AC1.

20 Likes

Thatā€™s a great haul you got there! Have you got a favourite of the bunch?

2 Likes

Diffraction v2, OG Banshee, AMS 000
Legend Wing, cotton string, Morrow (maple) + extra axle

20 Likes

I ordered a case that looks almost just like that and came with pick n pluck foam. Is that what yours is?

1 Like

It has 36 pre-cut circular holes in the foam specifically for yoyos. I use it to hold my One Drop collection. (It wasnā€™t part of this weekā€™s mail haul; Iā€™ve had it for about a year.)

1 Like

Nice haul @zslane!
How you liking that Diffraction? I havenā€™t thrown mine much yet, but so far Iā€™m in love!
Also, do you have an '18 Banshee? More specifically an AL7? Whatā€™s your initial thoughts of it vs. the OG?
I think everyone Iā€™ve ever heard from on this prefer the OG.

1 Like

The Diffraction is an excellent yoyo. Very well designed. I had to put Plutonium string on it because the gap didnā€™t yield snappy binds the way I like with regular thickness string. It is also a bit on the wide side, which always takes some getting used to for me. I do like how fast it moves!

As for Banshees, I have one of each (except the SS): OG, '18, AL7, and Ti. The thing about the AL7 is that it is noticeably heavier than the others at 67.5g. The OG is the lightest of the bunch at only 63.9g, and it definitely feels zippier in play. Iā€™d say my favorites are the OG and the Ti.

5 Likes

OG Banshee is the best Banshee!

3 Likes

I thought I was the only one who thought this! I am glad to see there are a few of us.

3 Likes

No basically everyone agrees; OG banshee is where itā€™s at.

4 Likes

Happy slice of cake day Code!

2 Likes

Where did you purchase a case like this with the precut holes?

2 Likes