What did you get in the mail for 2020/2021?

I had been halfheartedly looking for this one for short time now. Then @Roy_Dodge had to go make a video featuring one which added fuel to the fire. Found this unopened A-line and couldn’t resist. Compared to the original Cherry Bomb the A-Line has some added weight and is supposedly a harder plastic to keep the starbursts from wearing out so quickly. First few throws were pretty great and I haven’t even started experimenting with the weight rings or wood axle yet!

15 Likes

Nice! Glad it’s a good time - I look forward to hearing a bit more, as I have been debating whether to throw a few bucks at one myself or just wait for a nice Silver Series.

4 Likes

This brings back some memories for sure. I have both an unopened red Cherry Bomb and a Da Bomb that I’ve been saving for a good nostalgia sesh.

6 Likes

What i ordered… colors may vary

What i got…

Seems like more then colors are varied…
Try again?

20 Likes

When non-yoyoers sell yoyos…

7 Likes

That Wheels is just a rebranded Butterfly XT, so you can put a Full Spce C in there if you want. The white Trans Axle also works well as a Bearing Blank in other throws that can take 1/2 Spec C bearings for responsive play. Ive set up a Bolt 2 with it on Fixed Axle Friday Throws

8 Likes

Keep seeing posts of these cool old school throws… it’s intended as filer for my daughter’s Bday gift so it’s cool. I’ll probably play them both in 2 weeks😄

6 Likes

Had a super cool and unexpected mail day yesterday!

Got an order of Cake Strings in from @Kyle. I really can’t recommend his strings strongly enough. He sent me some samples over a month ago and they’re fantastic! A big step up from typical bulk strings.
And he did such a professional job! I’m real impressed! He had everything labeled real clearly and they were twisted up and bundled real tight and each bundle of strings came in its own little sack! Very neat! He also threw in a little green carabiner!
Now I’m swimming in high quality green strings!!

He also included a special string he spun up just for me! Another Orange/Green blend to go along with my most personally precious throw…a Green/Orange Deep State I put together in remembrance of my mother.
What a GORGEOUS string! Just wow!
It was real cool too because he took the time to make a little Origami box to put the string in…and I can tell he spent some time and effort on the box because it’s glued inside so it wouldn’t fall apart and he even included a little pull tab on the bottom of the box to make it easy to open!

Thank you so much @Kyle. I’m a big fan of your strings!!

I also got some more samples in from @PCaliyoyos. Man…he sure spins up some BEAUTIFUL strings! Holy goodness!! He’s already sent me my favorite looking string I own (a red/white candy cane string)

And this go around he sent me some black strings with some threads o color strung through.
They’re beautiful!
Though my camera doesn’t pick it up, the orange/gold string seems to glimmer slightly which is very neat!

And then there was a box that was completely unexpected! I thought it was a box for a couple of friends.
But there was a note inside from @pmdon stating that it was a yo they sold at a shop he works at and he thought it belonged in my green collection!
Awwww! :green_heart: What a fun surprise and a great way to kick off a good weekend!
I really can’t thank you enough @pmdon…that was so super nice of you man! /bro love

It’s a green Henry M1 and it’s awesome. The shade of green is fantastic, I don’t currently own any Henry throws (it’s always great to add throws from companies new to me!), I don’t own any throws with the same sort of shape which is fun…and it’s a nice performing throw! Was having a lot of fun tossing it around late last night!

He also threw in a bunch of strings and stickers!

Ya’ll are so good to me. :heart: :heart: :heart:

27 Likes

You know some classy people!

5 Likes

It’s ridiculous how good people are to me. lol I’ve been so damn spoiled.

Love you guys!

7 Likes

That’s their nylon string. It’s like a slightly thicker version of Angel Hair if anyone remembers that stuff. It plays nice once it breaks in, but takes a long time to break in. It also lasts forever. Some types of binds are really difficult to pull off with it too. Angel Hair is slightly more extreme in every respect mentioned.

I have 12yo! Angel Hair, and I never wore out any String Theory. However, I don’t use it anymore, except on my Flea. Angel Hair is awesome for the Flea!

3 Likes

This girl will literally not let me throw in peace if she’s awake, so I feel justified annoying her a bit!

I asked OD to do this half swap Intro for me. Got it back in March. The match is out there somewhere…

24 Likes

I don’t buy many new yoyo’s but I will make an exception. The CLYW Wish’s are starting to make their way to new homes.

22 Likes

This is my latest favorite. Nice work on the serenity @yomagic! The color and design are both fantastic. It’s stable, quick, and the gap & wall design are very unique. This will be my goto when I feel like doing long combos and for learning new tricks.

Also, these Coral Airetic slims look and play great on this thing.

18 Likes

@Exmime thank you. I had a unopened T9 MYY i know had a extra bearing… so i opened it. Swapped the beating in the wheels, made the T9 unresponsive… now i have 3 very cool throws.
Thanks for the tip.

18 Likes

Stocking up on supplies, more string testing, and a couple ProYos just for fun.

15 Likes

This minty green 69 is sooo smooth, so beautiful… :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

22 Likes

Wow how is the WISH compared to the Borealis 2

Oh, yeah. The 2sick Serenity is pretty unique in the hand on the string. It’s a standout for sure!

It’s a perfectly fine yoyo. I don’t particularly like the Borealis 2 compared to the original, plays heavier and the Wish is more of the same. I’m sure others will be very happy with the Wish.

2 Likes