What are you doing today?

Drove down to visit Jordan (@chaosgow) yesterday. Met his Nan, had a lovely dinner all together and spent 6 hours learning how to yoyo from a legend. Got to try a lot of his cool collection too. Was an amazing day no phone, no interruptions. Just pure yoyo and a good chat for hours. Thank you for the everything and the hospitality.

on hindsight I should have taken some photos…

P.s. the new absurdity was mind blowing good. Took one away with me on loan :grin:

8 Likes

The best experiences are had without a camera in sight!

4 Likes

Way too kind

4 Likes

I’ve been a bit quiet here because I’m building a new Reef aquarium. This has been on my to do list since moving in, and I’m really excited to be getting to it. I am going to custom plumb the whole bottom half of the tank with Schedule 80 gate valves and red PVC! It’s gonna look like an over-engineered mad scientist’s laboratory. I’ve created a ‘build thread’ on the Reef2Reef forum in case you’re curious… Funny thing, people kept asking me about the yoyos in the shadow boxes. Gave them a little explanation and linked them to one of Gentry’s old trailers and the reef community loved it. :slight_smile:

Reef2Reef Redsea 250 Reef Aquarium Build thread

10 Likes

Got a big pot of vegetable beef soup on the stove. Next up, white chocolate chip cookies with almonds, cranberries and sunflower seeds.image

5 Likes

Man I can’t wait to see some photos of the completed tank! Any chance you could share a video when it’s all set up? :smiley:

3 Likes

Absolutely! I’ll be sharing some build photos as I go. I’m actually just as exciting about the plumbing as I am about the reef tank, LOL. Here’s a photo of an amaze-balls tank that is serving as inspiration for me:

7 Likes

oh my god that is actually amazing.

3 Likes

I have 4 x 29 gal freshwater tanks and a single 40 gal freshwater. Nothing close to this. Nice!

4 Likes

If Tony Stark/Iron Man had a fish tank…it’d look just like this!

4 Likes

Whoa, you have 5 fish tanks?!

4 Likes

Did this today:

11 Likes

The tattoosmanship (new word) really makes cool drawings look even better.

Thoroughly disappointed is the yoyo being removed though.

6 Likes

is that permanent ink?

2 Likes

Agreed! But it had two fatal flaws:

1. Was on the wrong hand.
  2. Was going into the ground.
    Also I want my yoyo tattoo to be its own thing!

Very!

5 Likes

did you do it yourself? or did someone else do it for you?

3 Likes

I can understand your thinking there.

Although I saw it more 3d and almost walk the dog or forward pass. And maybe that pokemon is a southpaw?

Either way, cant wait to see the dedicated yoyo tat.

4 Likes

I had a thought that it would be a Dragonite in a double or nothing, then realized that Dragonite has pretty stubby arms so it would like real dumb. Likely going to be a pair of zombie or bone hands doing something impressive.

Lol I am not in prison! A professional in a very clean environment did it for me. But if you meant the drawing itself, the same professional did it for me. I am a bad artist, lol.

4 Likes

just curious, just curious! the zombie or bones hands should be doing Beefhook. :joy:

4 Likes

lol :rofl:

4 Likes