Unpopular Yoyo Opinions

What are some unpopular/controversial yoyo opinions you guys have? I got a few off the top of my head:

1. Speed play is enjoyable to watch
  2. Flat bearings suck
  3. Wood is not good

I’m curious to hear yours @codinghorror :joy:

25 Likes

Pretty much… all of them? :grimacing:

I don’t know why this always happens to me, must be something in the water down here

8 Likes

Or you’re just wrong about everything :thinking:

9 Likes

Well clearly THAT can’t be the case :rofl:

Ironically I have come around a bit on wood, after getting a REALLY nice Clean Machine from @vegabomb, and then I got on the @edhaponik hype train with the Eh, and it’s also excellent. Wood CAN be nice!

but not as nice as metal

14 Likes

Literally polar opposite of all three hahaha

7 Likes

Yeah I’m amazed at the great fixed axle players and it’s definitely it’s own style but…

I personally have no interest in really getting into wooden yoyos and fixed axle play when modern 1a is a thing. And if I want to work on smoothing our my play I’ll do responsive 1a but no need for wood in particular.

7 Likes

Ah, see? That’s awesome man

7 Likes

It is unpopular opinions :joy:

Watcha got, what are yours

6 Likes

I nominate If it’s not a nylon string, it’s crrrrrrraaaappp! for @smileypants707 :wink: and he’s not the only one!

9 Likes

No! I like poly! I just prefer my own blend

8 Likes

BAH that is a boring opinion Chad. GET MORE INTERESTING OPINIONS CHAD

8 Likes

You have too many “interesting” opinions :joy:

4 Likes

Competitions, especially worlds, are lame. There’s too much going on, too much ‘flexing’ and point whoring to be enjoyable. But then again, I’m not a fan of competitive sports in general

How’s that @codinghorror? Is that interesting enough?

15 Likes

how dare you Chad

I don’t even know who you are any more!

10 Likes

I’m only 6/10 triggered, not interesting enough

Coding consistently got me on the 9s and 10s, that’s what this thread is for

10 Likes

My main unpopular opinion is the “all bearings should be thin lubed” one. I would die on that hill. But then again, I haven’t met many hills I wouldn’t die on.

(Over time I have gained some sympathy for the “lubing is too complicated and risky” argument though, because if you over-lube, you’re gonna have a bad time, and doing nothing is simpler than doing… something.)

I even lube my wood yo-yos!

7 Likes

:joy: Bimetals are OVERRATED

21 Likes

5 Likes

8/10 triggered, you’re getting there

9 Likes

A-RT is way overhyped, they could put a string on a potato and people would go insane

26 Likes