This is what the average person thinks of when they think of a "yoyo" 😂

1200px-Yo-Yo-Plastic-Toy-Green This is what the average person thinks of when the think of a “yoyo” :joy:

14 Likes

This is why I hate and never “tell” people I yoyo. Anyone that knows I yoyo knows because I’ve “shown” them.

9 Likes

I sometimes wish this thing had a different name. It is difficult to take a word like “yoyo” seriously, and at my age, telling anyone I’ve been buying yoyos merely draws looks that say, “Are you joking?” If it had a more modern, techy sounding name like gyroshell or something, then maybe it would sound as cool as it actually is.

7 Likes

Haha I love it :joy:

4 Likes

What the average YOYOER thinks:
shutter

12 Likes

I don’t like how that’s what the average yoyoer thinks either to be honest :rofl:

4 Likes

What’s wrong with the shutter? :confused:

6 Likes

I’ve told my close friends that I yo-yo and they’re actually impressed that I can do all the complicated tricks. I’ve even showed them videos of pro yoyoers. I don’t know what they thought when they heard “yo-yo.” One of them learned how to bind when I showed him.

4 Likes

Excellent idea!

2 Likes

Call them Bandalores.

4 Likes

I’d like to see that yoyo in use by Ed Haponik, Drew Tetz, Jensen Kimmett… others. I think many would be in for a shock watching them pull tricks off with that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How bout we call them trick revolvers

3 Likes

Idk, might be better to just stick with yo-yo. If you use another term, then you’ll have to explain it, and when they figure out you’re basically calling a yo-yo by another name they’re just gonna think you’re an elitist hipster lol

5 Likes

Nooooo! I’m not a hipster. Lol

2 Likes

Or…return top!

3 Likes

Return top is … a really bad turn of phrase to my ear. How is a yo-yo remotely related to a spinning top??

I like “hand gyroscopes” personally, if you want to sound xxtra fancy :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

Maybe a yo-yo can be named by its features. Kinda like how the Grind Machine grinds really well, so it’s named Grind Machine.

2 Likes

I’m not ashamed of saying yoyo to anyone. But like another response here: don’t tell people you yoyo, show them. It doesn’t have to be some elaborate performance… just something more than an up and down and they will most likely see something they’ve NEVER seen before. Let them feel the throw you use. It’ll be a wake up for them. If they’re not impressed just tell them they’re stupid and give them the silent treatment for several weeks. They won’t be surprised by your childlike behavior because only children play with yoyos.

5 Likes

“Gyroshell”
Team, we’ve found it!

5 Likes

Then you pull out a modern unresponsive and proceed to blow their mind

3 Likes