The yoyoball narrative - Hendiatris coming soon

hi folkens
I have officially necroed my brand announced 3 years ago. The original thread seems to have been archived so heres a link to it .YoYoBall - Wombat Cube (prototype assembly - Apr 26)
The Wombat Cube is currently on hold,

but the Plot Armor has been finalized after going through several prototypes. A preliminary run of 70 is currently being anodized.

Fairly early on during development of the Plot Armor, a titanium adaptation of it was devised, primarily in order to test certain design parameters I was then interested in. The result later would become known as the Monomyth.

4 unengraved prototypes of has been released a couple days ago under the name “Monomyth Prooemium” and at the time of this post 2 remain available. The next run expects a logo but no other change in design.

These two are the first installments of the sub-series The yoyoball narrative. There are 2-3 more planned models to follow. Aside from sharing the same side profile, these yoyos are also designed to have equal leverage in the axial direction so that one can freely mismatch halves between any two of them. The Plot Armor and Monomyth are designed to play similarly but the next ones not necessarily so.

13 Likes

heres now also a sneak peek at another design thats made into prototyping stage

6 Likes

Those are some gorgeous yoyos!! I love the steps! Out of curiosity, is that an axel-less yoyo? Like the Hubless yoyo, or am I just missing something?

1 Like

13 Likes

Cool concept with the spacer system, don’t see that too often in a metal yoyo. Do you plan to make different spacers to adjust gap width or anything like that?

2 Likes

6 Likes

10 Likes

Size D bearing remover

10 Likes

So much good stuff on this thread!

1 Like

trying some anodizing by hand in accordance with our hotdiggity protocol

5 Likes

I need this!!

2 Likes

10 Likes

I loooove the tiny splatter / confetti!

1 Like

That Silver/Yellow/Red looks very nice

1 Like

The Red/Yellow/Green/Black ones are giving me Rasta Vibes! Looks Irie!

4 Likes

More assembled.

Since im going to send a sample to yoyoexpert regardless, im considering to start accepting preorders within ConUS.

6 Likes

Count me in.

Preorders open until 4th.

2 Likes

Or different sized bearings? Or did you abandon that concept?

Edit: I guess not different bearings since the post is not part of the spacer…

size a/d, c/b each have the same post diameter so that could be attempted. This design is already making use of that in a different way by using size b bearing in the stacks to reduce weight

1 Like