The Big Bang Theory

(Cinimod105) #1

What are your views on the big bang theory?

i think its a great show lol

(JonasK) #3

I watch that show daily. How come I didn’t think of posting that.

(VincentD) #4

I think he might be referring to the actual theory here…
I that case I believe it.
If it’s the show, I’ve never seen it.

Well, I’ve never heard of any proof against it, but theres lots of evidence of it. Is the expanding universe a part of the big bang?

Its expanding because of it :smiley:

Yea but why is it expanding? Is it because the big bang is still happening or something like that? Uses baby logic

no the big bang theory is that in the blank absolute zero area of space something happened where a HUGE violent eruption happened sending gases and micro particles shooting every where and when by the laws of gravity if two particles attach then those particles have a greater pull pulling more particles making different composites until it become so dense it either becomes a planet or a sun depending on the different particles this is also how solar systems are created a sun pulls smaller planets in but other planets pull each other making orbits so the don’t all go smashing into the sun with the heat of the sun an atmosphere is crated on the planet so different element are created but most of then originate from basics like carbon (i think). So no the big bang happened long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long time ago but the force of it is still pushing particles into the null void the is even less than space as we know it … I think lol

(yoyobot) #9

wow you lost me there for a second

lol i got into it

(Cinimod105) #11

The Big Bang Theory :
The universe was filled homogeneously and isotropically with an incredibly high energy density, huge temperatures and pressures, and was very rapidly expanding and cooling. Approximately 10−37 seconds into the expansion, a phase transition caused a cosmic inflation, during which the universe grew exponentially. After inflation stopped, the universe consisted of a quark-gluon plasma, as well as all other elementary particles. Temperatures were so high that the random motions of particles were at relativistic speeds, and particle-antiparticle pairs of all kinds were being continuously created and destroyed in collisions. At some point an unknown reaction called baryogenesis violated the conservation of baryon number, leading to a very small excess of quarks and leptons over antiquarks and anti-leptons—of the order of 1 part in 30 million. This resulted in the predominance of matter over antimatter in the present universe.

The universe continued to grow in size and fall in temperature, hence the typical energy of each particle was decreasing.After about 10−11 seconds, the picture becomes less speculative, since particle energies drop to values that can be attained in particle physics experiments. At about 10−6 seconds, quarks and gluons combined to form baryons such as protons and neutrons. The small excess of quarks over antiquarks led to a small excess of baryons over antibaryons. The temperature was now no longer high enough to create new proton-antiproton pairs (similarly for neutrons-antineutrons), so a mass annihilation immediately followed, leaving just one in 1010 of the original protons and neutrons, and none of their antiparticles. A similar process happened at about 1 second for electrons and positrons. After these annihilations, the remaining protons, neutrons and electrons were no longer moving relativistically and the energy density of the universe was dominated by photons(negatively charged protons).
Over a long period of time, the slightly denser regions of the nearly uniformly distributed matter gravitationally attracted nearby matter and thus grew even denser, forming gas clouds, stars, galaxies, and the other astronomical structures observable today. The details of this process depend on the amount and type of matter in the universe. The three possible types of matter are known as cold dark matter, hot dark matter and baryonic matter. Measurements available show that the dominant form of matter in the universe is cold dark matter. The other two types of matter make up less than 18% of the matter in the universe.

Lol, directly lifted from wikipedia, PLAEY-JAAR-ISUM!!! Jk ;D

(Cinimod105) #13

No, it is not DIRECTLY lifted from wikipedia. I simpliflted some stuff!!! :-\

(Cinimod105) #14

I only got ideas from wikipedia.

(Cinimod105) #15

Fine, this is the more simplified version:
high temperatures------>rapid expansion -----> universe grow bigger------> Anti-matter and matter rapidly collided and was destroyed(boom!!!) ;D :smiley: ---------> A reaction called baryogenesis violated the conservation of baryon number, ---------->small excess of matter over anti-matter—of the order of 1 part in 30 million-------->more matter than antimatter in the present universe
Size of universe : goes up, Temperature : down--------->energy---->down ----------->not big enough------>create new proton-antiproton pairs ------>mass annihilation(yay!!!)-------> After long long time------>Gravity------>attract each other----->form many many many many many things(yeah!!!)

(JayVee) #16

I think that the most simplified version could be that a really really really tiny speck exploded a waaayyy long time ago. The explosion created everything we know and love and the force from the explosion is still pushing all the stars and rocks and whatnot away from each other.

But anyway, I saw this show on TV once that said that there are 5 “ages” of the universe. The first is the Primordial Age where the Big Bang occurred(lasted about 300,000 or so years I think). We’re currently in the 2nd age, which will last a few trillion years(I think). Then the 3rd Age will be when all the stars start to burn out. The 4th age will be when the black holes(dead stars with extreme gravitational pull: not even light escapes) will remain. The last age is when all that’s left of the universe are tiny particles that have low energy.

What do you think of this?

How’s this for interesting? (and I don’t care if you buy into it or not because it’s not my theory)

Another question is what started the big bang? Some of our top physicists believe that there are 11 dimensions. We can perceive three, and comprehend the fourth, time. But there are 11. They think it’s possible that among these dimensions our universe is just one of an infinite number of universes floating around almost like water molecules in the ocean. And possibly when two such universes collided it provided the energy to spark our big bang.

And like I said, it’s not my theory so I don’t care if you believe any of it or not. I just find it interesting.

(Cinimod105) #18

Can you please explain this theory? I don’t really understand it, especially about the part about the infinite number of universes. Can you please elaborate?

I can only explain so far. Most of it goes well beyond what I can get my head wrapped around.

What they think is that it’s possible that there isn’t just this universe. It’s possible that there are actually several (as in an infinite number) other universes out there existing at the same time. These aren’t places we can see or go visit, but they are supposed to exist.

If I remember right they came up with this idea for a few different reasons. One is that mathematically there are 11 dimensions. Another is that, again mathematically, electrons do some super squirrelly stuff that can only be explained by there being these 11 dimensions and other universes. This is stuff like (if I remember right) electrons appear to sometimes be two places at the same time, and at other times are gone - as in not existing anywhere. So they may be slipping between dimensions and in and out of other universes.

So what I wonder is, does that mean that the electrons that make up the molecules that make up the cells in our bodies - that they are slipping into and out of this universe and into another? And if so does that mean a few of my electrons may make up another living thing somewhere else, a rock, a potato sack or who knows what?

And then another reason for the infinite universe theory is that gravity doesn’t behave as it should on paper. Mathematically it’s wrong. But yet there it is. Evidently it should be much much stronger than what it is. It’s actually a very weak force. So some believe it’s actually a force that is leaking into our universe from elsewhere.

So again, I’m not making any of these claims myself. I tried to keep my stuff straight here as best as I can remember it. If anyone is working on their PHD in physics, feel free to elaborate or fix something I said wrong.

It’s mostly over my head but I found it all to be fascinating just the same.

And instead of clarifying what I had said earlier, I probably just dug a deeper hole here.

But I teach history not theoretical physics.

If you would like to read something written by someone who is actually qualified to talk about stuff like this check out The Theory of Everything.

(_|@<06) #20

I never have really gotten this completely…who cares? honestly