Surfaces that will kill Anno when dinged on

Does anyone here have a relatively complete list of surfaces that will kill the anno on a yoyo if we ding it at a fair speed? Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Might be easier to list the things that won’t damage it that are likely to come into contact with it, e.g.

Carpet
Grass
String
Air
Water
Hands
Face

I’d avoid hitting anything else with it.

18 Likes

Also, keep an eye on your surroundings. Walls, desks, family members, etc.

Belt buckles and rings can cause small scratches, pin pricks or flat spots.

6 Likes

I don’t know man…
I got a pretty hard head!
:face_with_head_bandage:

4 Likes

teeth can go either way too… mind the grill son

7 Likes

Teeth hurt to break. I speak from experience.

These words are too true.

4 Likes

i had one yesterday that was too close for comfort, lol…

3 Likes

If you’re that concerned with scuffing your yoyo, maybe it’s best to play only indoors over plush carpet, or put them on the shelf and don’t play them at all.

3 Likes

The stainless steel clip of my pocket knife has scratched the ano on several of my yoyos.

2 Likes

It’s not the most complete list if you account for older surfaces but I think the below list is relatively complete.

Typically I find that the pro variations are not too bad when it comes to anno dinging off.

I think it’s due to their soft touch keyboards that seems to lessen the damage.

Microsoft Surface pro 6 for visual aid :

Microsoft Surface pro 7 tends to kill the anno similar amounts as the surface pro 6 but less than Microsoft surface pro x.

Next best surface to yoyo on top of would be the Microsoft Surface Go due to less angels on the keyboard arrays.

The most common type of surface you might find yoyoing on are also one of the worst offenders when it comes to killing your anno.

Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 and Microsoft Surface Book 2 both with their hard angular industrial looking case makes it bad surface to throw on.

The worst offender of the lot, while pretty rare to stumble across a surface like this tends to be the Microsoft Surface Studio.
I find these are without a doubt the worst Surface to yoyo on bar none.

If I left out any other surfaces by mistake let me know and I can add further thoughts on what it is like to yoyo on those surfaces.

I do not pertain to have yoyo’ed on all surfaces available. But I do recommend you stay off the surface studio when yoyoing

13 Likes

Dude, I have a belt buckle that is a yo-yo murderer. It’s one of those ratchet mechanism buckles so it’s adjustable down to a few millimeters, and the extra mass and the square corners put huge dings in yo-yos that look just like hard countertop hits. And it’s virtually silent when you hit it, so it was happening for a few days and I had no idea what was dinging my yo-yo. I figured it out when I saw a bunch of tiny holes in the shirt I had been wearing.

4 Likes

lol it was my stupid belt that caused me to boink myself in the face with a yo a few months ago >.<;

5 Likes

votes for only yoyoing in velour track suits <—

7 Likes

Is there any other way to yoyo? Just mind the zipper on the jacket!

4 Likes

I like yoyo in my Pyjamas as evident in all my videos lol

2 Likes

you have to get that really rich velour, that just fluffs over the zipper like a cloud

3 Likes

Yea buddy that is a whole new level of classy!

3 Likes

Exhibit A?

3 Likes

Another ding free attire option:
4854935691_8324dd7dd1

6 Likes

Trauma shears. I keep them on my breast through a pen loop on my scrubs. Just touching the non-blade side while throwing has literally sheared off ano. My poor freq.mod.

That said, my advice is, if it needs to stay perfect, don’t play it. I suggest you do what Mark Mont says and “Go head and get you a good ol’ ding in it early so you can get more comfy with actually PLAYING this throw LOL. Then with no fear of messing it up jjjaaammm…” if you’re going to play with it, chances are you’re going to ding it and that’s okay. Enjoy it; it’s better than locking it away never to be played, only to be traded or sold for another yo-yo you won’t play with. I just sparked my Tishutter and I couldn’t be happier.

5 Likes