science worksheet :(

OH MY GOD I HAVE A SCIENCE WORKSHEET DUE TOMORROW AND I CAN’T FIGURE OUT HOW FAR MOUNT BAKER IS FROM VANCOUVER!!!
I LOOKED EVERYWHERE!!
THIS SUCKS

Mount Baker is 3300 m above Vancouver.

Hope this Helped.

remember, if a post helps you thank it.

Google maps? :wink:

(Mitch) #4

Could you type out the question for us? It would be easier to help if we knew exactly what you were looking for

the question doesn’t give much:
How far is vancouver from Mt Baker?

(Mitch) #6

Hrm… Thats a bad question… Distance from the center of Vancouver? Edge? To what part of Mount Baker? The base? The peak? We going along a road? Or straight from point A to point B?

You need to know all these… Like if you go along the road you’d have to use like Google Maps, if from A-B you could use The Pythagorean Theorem. You know A squared + B squared = C squared. A= Distance from the center of Vancouver to the center of Mount Baker… C= Hight of Mount Baker… Just plug it in…

Imagine A=50ft and C=100ft.

50 squared=2500ft
100 Squared= 10000

2500+ B squared = 10000

you have to get B by itself… So subtract 2500 from both sides…

2500 + B Squared = 10000
-2500 -2500

B Squared = 7500
B= the square root of 7500
then get the square root of 7500
B=86.60 (I think)

So the distance would be 86.60 ft.

So just get all the right info and plug it in.

So show all this to your teacher and you should get credit… That is a bad question…

ok, so you can go on the internet and look up info for your homework but I dont understand why you would take other peoples time (people that you dont know) to do YOUR OWN homework! :-X

(Mitch) #8

I’d hope that if I had some homework trouble… Especialy with such a horribly written question, and there was no one around I could ask, that I could turn to you guys… The online yoyo community for help…

We pride ourselves on being a friendly bunch o’ folks

How was it? And I need a lot of help ;D but it’s all geo.

I agree with Mitch.