Runescape is stupid.

(Joshhh) #1

so i just decided tog et back on runescape after five years. so ive been playing for about a week now. and my account gets hacked. i send in three account recoverys, none get accepted. this is total bs and jagex shouldnt be so dumb. i even just bought membership and cant even login to cancel it. this is so f’ing dumb. i really hate the way this is.

(yoyo jake) #2

it is stupid, op lets go kill dragons. he what level is your cookin, 47, ha noob mine is 93. i hate that game to

[/sarcasm] the graphics are great! [/sarcasm]

I like the game but as said jagex is stupid i lost all my money cause the game logged everyone out and i was fighting a black dragon with no armour using a halleberd then i lost all the 10million i had in my inventory then i quite

(Cameron (and his yoyo)) #5

MMOs are stupid itself they literally are a waste of time and can ruin lives. Especially WOW.

They are if you have a high end version of ATI Radeon, turn RS graphics to max, turn Antialiasing to 4x, and Turn graphics to Directx. If you do that it looks very nice. (not being sarcastic.)

I beg to differ. I played wow for a few years (I don’t play anymore) and it didn’t ruin my life, my dad’s life, nor my sister’s life.
I don’t play MMO’s anymore, besides the occasional RS just to K.I.T with my friends.
On a side note, to prevent being hacked, don’t use a lame passowrd ans set your own security questions

Well why were you fighting a dragon with no armor, and why did you have your 10 million with you when you did? that’s YOUR fault, and the Game did not log you out, your internet lost connection so you got disconnected.

Anyways, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion FTW. It’s not an MMO.

^ actually not my internet it was rs do you know sometimes when they log everyone out for like an hour to fix something i guess you dont and i had that money cause i needed some black hide to cuz a ull inventory of that is like 150k so i wouldve sold it and had enough money to buy a sara sword with robin hood hat

Actually, I do. They warn everyone fifteen minutes before and every minte after that until the system reset. I’m not stupid, I played Runescape a lot last summer. (I was bored to death.)

So,you would’ve sold Your Black dragon hides for 150k, then bought a SS and a robin with that 150k. That’s what it soulds like you are saying (Please clarify.)

(Cameron (and his yoyo)) #9

Good for you, it didn’t ruin your life, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t ruin peoples lives. My mom is a therapist and had a client who played WIW all day and only stopped to feed herself. When CPS finally took her kids, she didn’t even notice because she was paying WOW. It happens to more people than you would think. And I ask you this did you achieve anything from playing WOW?

^^ no i needed that 150k to buy the robin hat i had enough for the ss but needed that 150k for both

(Weasel) #11

I agree with what you’re saying, you don’t gain anything in real life but I wouldn’t say it’s a complete waste of time. You get enjoyment out of playing and that saves you from being bored. I noticed that you also specifically addressed MMO’s as being dumb and a waste of time. I don’t know if you meant it that way or it was a slip of tongue, but that’s kind of the same as addressing video games themselves as dumb and a waste of time, get what I’m saying?

All MMOs are stupid. especialy runescape. The people don’t even have hands. I never really got into those games.

Anyways, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion FTW. It’s not an MMO.
[/quote]
Good for you, it didn’t ruin your life, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t ruin peoples lives. My mom is a therapist and had a client who played WIW all day and only stopped to feed herself. When CPS finally took her kids, she didn’t even notice because she was paying WOW. It happens to more people than you would think. And I ask you this did you achieve anything from playing WOW?
[/quote]
I apologize, I looked at your post and I see that you said mmo’s CAN ruin lives. I must agree. I have heard many stories of WoW ruining lives. The only thing is, It’s the player’s fault. They choose to be immersed in their own second life. I also did not achieve much, to be honest. I must agree with you. I only achieved a boredom-free summer :slight_smile:

That’s true.

Edit: Not too sure if you interpreted this right. My intention was to show you that WoW in ways can benefit lives.

Drphil thinks they do http://blog.games.com/2010/01/22/addicted-to-farmville-dr-phil-scolds-mom-for-tending-to-crops/

Farmville isn’t even an MMO.

(Joshhh) #17

MMO’s and video games are both a waste of time. they can yes cure you of boredom, but thats it, they have no positives out of them, they basically are a time waster. they’re is nothing productive about sitting around playing video games all day. at all. oh and you, your dad, and sister, need to get up, and do something productive kay? cause WoW is stupid and pointless and a huge waste of money.

What about EDUCATIONAL video games?

I seriously improved my hand eye coordination and many other things with Flash Focus for DS. It’s fun, too.
There are many educational games out there. And they’re not boring games, either.

(Cameron (and his yoyo)) #19

Guitar Hero and games like it improve hand eye and increase your reading ability.

(JayVee) #20

Everyone’s gonna hate me for this, but I think this needs to be said: Who’s to say yo-yo’s are any different? Yo-yo’s, at their very core, are toys. Toys are meant to to be played with and entertaining. Wait, isn’t that basically the same thing as video games? Yes.

I know, a lot of people will argue that “yo-yo’s improve your hand-eye coordination/creativity.” But aren’t some video games the same? FPS games can be said to train people in reflexes and hand-eye coordination; puzzle and word games enhance thinking and creativity; MMO’s can help develop social skills(AKA guilds/clans/etc).

I’m not saying that video games are good for you and that you should play them every chance you get. I just want people to stop making broad generalizations without considering everything they are addressing.