Project Y - Community Updates & Comments

yes… unfortunately why we had to put a pin in that larger collab… we have to catch up

don’t sweat it dude, lol!

1 Like

Very cool to test this guy out. @hobbygod did a amazing job! Old school feel and smooth as…smooth. has a very solid feel as it glids through the air.

8 Likes

Aww stop it you’re making me blush. :kissing_closed_eyes:
I’m loving it, the size and feel is perfect with all the things I like in a slightly undersized organic throw. Definitely a must have for me. Good enough, I’m going to buy 2-3. Going to be hard to send the raw off to get anodized. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

some updates… if you follow elsewhere, you may have seen some of these…

custom scrabble tiles complete…

raws were ready earlier this week, and (the ones that get it) have been sent to blast and all are then getting ano’d

PV44 Protos will be buzzing around for testing during shipment of Project Y. Testers have been selected…

53x44 62g 7068

15 Likes

Looks like a jammer

6 Likes

waddup y’all! some pics of the finished ano for Project Y for anyone that is curious… :grin::grin::grin:

19 Likes

These colors look so great

4 Likes

Got me second guessing my pick!

4 Likes

feel free to switch it up @Rosenberg

3 Likes

these are heading to me now… pardon the delay… should have them in hand this time next week…

a couple picks of the engraved… and i shopped a mock-up of what a “Lio’d” Project Y would look like :wink:

8 Likes

The purple one looks really nice!

3 Likes

thank you bud… i am
very happy with how these came
out man… very excited

3 Likes

How are you going to sell it?

Also, what’s the price for this?

3 Likes

folks have just been hitting me up in the group, on IG or messages or whatever to reserve one… and payment is when i’m shipping… i’m
not sure if i’m supposed to post the price since it’s not being sold on YYE???

but, it’s not expensive - head over to IG and the price is there, on our site too

5 Likes

Project Y: Significant Update & Release Info

Specs 53 x 42 mm 63.5g 4.36mm gap

My Tracking shows Project Y arriving to me on this Thursday. That said, I will no longer be taking reservations beyond Wednesday until I can get the current reservations out the door… which is A LOT… so, thank you all for that man :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::heart::heart::heart:

I’ll be hitting you all up who reserved individually first for addresses and payment, that way I can get these out the door organized and accurately… I’ll do a formal ‘drop’ after the first wave during that following week.

Anyone who is still reserving, we still have available the:

• “Secret Squirrel” Solid Black,
  • “What’s Wrong With Purple” Solid Purple,
  • “CatSnacks” Blue/Purple Acid Wash,
  • and we’ll put together “Lio’d Half-swaps” of the Solid Black & Purple as an homage to ILYY… and a nod to @d4nnyb0yy the master of half-swaps

Note: We apologize, at this time all Engraved versions have been reserved.

I know some of these pictures are repeats, updated pics when I get them…

THANK YOU ALL!!! HMU WITH QUESTIONS!!!

11 Likes

Alright y’all - I appreciate you cats’ patience on the Project Y release. I’ll try to get some fancy style pics set up, but I’m doing the best I can for now…

Anyone that’s has set reservations (and that will also be testing the PV44 prototype), I’ll be hitting you up in the next 24 hours (see: tomorrow morning-ish or so). We had about 70 (69 teeheehee, nerds) reservations, and I want to get them all out tomorrow so I can figure out how to do a drop for anyone interested. I’m testing and inspecting before I pack each one up, and I’m halfway through the reservations… (engraved ones I haven’t got to yet)

Ask some questions for answers… thank you to everyone that has helped on this, apologies if the updates are obnoxious,

20 Likes

So… so end of day updates:

• approximately 80 pieces have been re-rested & re-inspected These 80 pieces have bee wrapped and boxed (with the custom box, MFD vines string, custom tile, spec sheet & foam cube

• approximately 50 yoyos have been shipped, or about 32 orders fullfilled. this includes multi-orders, PV44 proto testers, etc.

• approximately 30 yoyo orders remain to be filled

• approximately 40 yoyos remain to be reinspected and retested.

NOTE: there’s a bit of crossover, as all CatSnacks, are inspected, but not sold out (yet). So I just have to get caught up on some solids… BUT, CatSnacks is now selling faster than black… anywho… THANK YOU ALL here’s some pics
of today’s disaster

14 Likes

A’ight, I wanted to take some proper pics for y’all - and show you a bit of what the ‘experience’ is I guess… I’m going to try to update my spot with more info and these updated pics… folks have already started getting them this morning lol!!

so, check this (i’m also a weaka$$ photographer)…

this is like the 'unboxing experience, with the (remaining) available colors). notice that sweet customized scrabble tile :wink:

a stack up of the options…

and then some shots of each of the pieces…

Uploading: 9C79E19C-110D-4E6E-9FA6-A3D8D0E4AE04.jpeg…

y’all can hit me up… IG is fatguysnacks and our community page is @fairtradeyoyos

16 Likes

Got mine in the mail today. My first impression is that it’s super stable for a 53mm high walled organic. It has a solid feeling on the string. The wall is nice it regens and stalls pretty well.

8 Likes

awesome!!! glad it got there
so quick :heart::heart::heart: thanks for the feedback too man!!!

(edit: thought this was in a pm :sweat_smile::man_facepalming:)

6 Likes