**MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2022- #51- NANDA KANDA -End of year challenge $50 YYE gift certificate prize!

Excuse to break my Chopstick Gorilla out

3 Likes

Just ordered one! Should be here next week. Good call!

3 Likes

Any ideas why the first undercut after the chopstick is binding for me?

1 Like

Far far far far from perfect, but this is where Iā€™m at with it (the ending goes quite badly)!

6 Likes

Thatā€™s really good!! The chopsticks part is just spot on, for the very last element, Iā€™ve got another video: 3 easy elements to enhance your flow
That false hook is explained here, not exactly the same but youā€™ll get the idea

7 Likes

Thanks for the comments! I def am struggling with the final chopstick catch, keep hitting my hand as I try to throw it in.

Will check out the video though; want to tidy up the last section for sure.

3 Likes

TAW #6 : Dumptrucks

It just feels right to have the first TaW during Fixed Axle February be one from Mr. @edhaponik

6 Likes

TAW #7 : Monochrome

A brief detour back into 1A, this weekā€™s trick is Monochrome.

6 Likes

Im often behind and a bit slow. So appropriately i named this :turtle:Dumps instead of Turbo :wink:. Regardless a fixed post for last weekā€™s trick DumpTrucks. Iā€™ll be back on the 1A train in March.

9 Likes

Anyone else struggling with the beginning bit of Monochrome? Struggling to consistently catch the string to make the slackā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™m also struggling a bit there. I found that keeping you th a bit closer to you than the nth guides the slack more easily into the gap.

5 Likes

I tried this trick like 3 years ago and could never do it, I had trouble with ALL of it. @ChrysaeThrowsā€™ advice is spot on. Also, keep your hands close together and play around with the length of string for the undermount.

But the hardest part for me was always the hook-like slack at the end. I wasnā€™t sure Iā€™d get that even now, but I figured it out. All I needed to do was use kendama knees to loft the yo-yo just a bit, then it became easy(ish). If you need to practice just the slack, you can quickly get to that part by doing an under or nothing around your NTH hand instead of finger.

4 Likes

Starting to get the hang of it now, but the slack at the endā€¦. PWWWAAAHHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

5 Likes

Well technically, it took me 3 years to learn :rofl:

Itā€™s all in the kendama knees, just barely loft it up before the slack motion. Once I tried that, I got it to click in a few minutes (the motion, took a bit more to start aiming it and catching the yo-yo). Also watch the video again, see how much loft he gives it before the slack motion. It doesnā€™t take much motion and you donā€™t need a good pinch for it to work.

Youā€™ll get it. You got tension hooks down crazy fast. Looks so easy. Nope. Several black eyes and over a year later and I can finally do them :rofl: (I am not even kidding)

3 Likes

This is exactly what I needed to land it. Itā€™s much harder than it sounds. Now to work out the consistency.

2 Likes

TAW #8 : Jakub Dekan Rejection to GT

Happy learning this week!

7 Likes

Nice! I already know this trick, so if anyone needs help, give me a shout.

5 Likes

I canā€™t seem to get much action out of the rejection. Any tips?

3 Likes

I found the rejection bit tricky as well. What works for me is slightly swinging the yo-yo forward (away from you), whilst using your thumb to push the opposite way on the string (towards you)ā€¦ you donā€™t want to swing too much, as itā€™ll make the slack miss the throw.

Iā€™ve also found that the faster the throw is spinning, the better the rejection is. When it goes too slow for me, the slack doesnā€™t reject very well.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Here is my entry for this weekā€¦ this is one of my favourites to practice, especially when hit at speed.

4 Likes