**MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2022- #51- NANDA KANDA -End of year challenge $50 YYE gift certificate prize!

one of my fav tricks i’ve ever created/discovered (?).

Thanks for choosing this one.

8 Likes

I made an audio hint version for anyone else having clarification issues

11 Likes

Thank you so much Mark! I learned it off of EOS44’s vid playing it over and over, but your hints really solidify it <3.

3 Likes

This just proves how some simple audio descriptions of which string is being landed on, or the motion being done, can be so helpful and minimise the need for repetitive viewing of a video (especially if poor frame rate/angle/resolution).

Good work!

Long way to go to make it really smooth, but another fun one to do!

5 Likes

Whip to GT. Fun trick.

6 Likes

Its May and I wouldn’t feel right if we didn’t get some 5A going… today’s trick is a fundamental classic… doesn’t mean i can hit it but I’m gonna do my best.

Enjoy!

Bonus points for any variation you can show us!

8 Likes

I’m off on my honeymoon for two weeks, so I’ll keep a watch on your awesome videos, but I shall be sipping cocktails instead of throwing :rofl:

5 Likes

Congrats! Enjoy your honeymoon!

2 Likes

My electric fan is more like a battery powered fan with cheap batteries from a .99 cent store… but i landed it and i will not get another chance to film this week so here you go.
Where are all the 5A throwers at!

10 Likes

I can’t let you be the only person this week, Mike!

I’m terrible at E-Fans and have neglected 5A for months now, so I’m going to try and improve a bit this month. Here’s my take after about an hour of attempts on this. I’m buckled up for the rest of the T-a-W’s this May!

I think with E-fans maybe a trick is to keep your arm tucked in, firmly planted against the side of your body. I’ve heard that advice for looping, to tuck a magazine under your armpit and make sure your arm stays against your body so the magazine doesn’t fall while you’re looping. It’s so much harder than it seems to keep your TH firmly in place so you don’t tilt the yoyo off plane. That was kind of helping me a bit.

13 Likes

Holy crap that was smooth! Well done!

2 Likes

TAW. Week#20 Mach 5a

The challenge this week is flashy AF. Visually stunning, yet not too complex to be out of reach. Miggy is one of the great ambassadors of 5a.

Take a leap of faith and go for it!

Edit:

Heres a bonus alternate with Tyler Severance

8 Likes

Any body hitting it yet?

1 Like

I threw in the towel for this week. The entrance to the one Miggy does is too hard for me at the moment, and the version Tyler does I could hit with a bit more time, but it’s not happening this week. I can do the first rotation, but on the rotation back I think I’m not keeping on the strings in line and end up having the yoyo fall out of the mount.

6 Likes

Honestly I’m stuck trying to get into a 5A BrotherTrap and a 5A split Bottom mount… throwing the CW in the opposite direction of the yoyo hurts my brain.

8 Likes

Week 21: 5a Fundamentals

I need to work on 5a fundamentals, I know some other people do to. Here’s two tutorials (thanks @AKYOYOMIKE) and a link to a helpful YT playlist.

5a Split Bottom Mount

5a Trapeze and Brother

More 5a Tutorials

5 Likes

Week #21: Slack Repeater

Good ol’ mrmatio tutorial featuring a cool slack element which sets itself up nicely to repeat

4 Likes

Ok this week i thought we should try something a bit diffrent. Arm Combo by @MrYoyoThrower .

9 Likes

Arm combo was much more doable then i expected… i kept going with a version of Gondola called Ebby Dibby. Now back to last week’s repeater!

9 Likes