**MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2022- #51- NANDA KANDA -End of year challenge $50 YYE gift certificate prize!

The hop back is what gets me too! Maybe I should try doing it without the NTH index in the chop

4 Likes

I have more luck if I hop to the TH side first. I can usually land 3 hops that way, if the first one counts. I actually have an easier time hopping TH to NTH than I do a basic NTH chop entryā€¦ I really suck at chops.

4 Likes

Week #16 - Star Picture Trick

Coming up this week , a flashy star.

:star2: :star2: :star2:

I really enjoy picture tricks, as they are easier for the layman to enjoy. Having a visible destination is always appealing (IMHO), and we could all use another picture for the (trick)book.

11 Likes

Anyone actually get the chop hop down :joy:

5 Likes

I was not ready for that!!! I read picture trick a thought, ah, this is going to be easy, :joy:

4 Likes

Simple answer noā€¦ but Iā€™ll keep at it hopefully Iā€™ll start landing them eventually. Much more complex then i thought.

4 Likes

I still cant get rodeo traingle smooth. I cant throw the GT from the initial drop from catching the whip :sweat:

5 Likes

Video, I can try give some tips?

3 Likes

I can catch the whip, i can throw the suicide gt. But i cant do it all togther in one motion. I will try to get a video

I got ya. Similar problem I had where I had to rock it back and forth a bit before throwing as opposed to in one motion. A lot of it comes down to the timing of when you catch the slack, as if you time it wrong your motion will already be going forward making the throw harder. Try catching the slack with the yoyo stationary as such, and as you catch start the swing motion to throw the slack.

This is one aspect where I just had to throw the slack early and get it wrong a ton before it become natural. Having a larger GT will help too as it gives you a better margin of error for the catch.

2 Likes

Week 17: Ryota Ogi Rolling Speed Combo

After the last speed combo, I realized I/we need to work on speed more, so weā€™re upping the ante. I donā€™t expect weā€™ll master this one in one week, but start working on it and see where it takes you.

4 Likes

For the Chop hops really be sure to keep tension on the string during the second hop, if you donā€™t do this it will not work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really need to get back on top of these!

2 Likes

I finally got the sequence down today for this week, will try to get a video tonightā€¦ but speed is always a far off ingredient from my combosā€¦ slow and steady for me :blush:

3 Likes

Had a quick break in between patientsā€¦ and i was feeling lucky!..

6 Likes

Looking good!!!

2 Likes

Really nice job bro. Nice clean and smooth execution.

1 Like

Week 18: EOS44ā€™s Whip to GT

A super fun and flowy green triangle trick from our own @EOS44

Happy learning!

12 Likes

TaW :muscle:

What has been happening yā€™all! :grin:

8 Likes

Managed to get this one down already (still working on the GT at the end). Sadly, it has made me realise how much I hate tutorials with no voice over or text descriptions. So many tricks could be easier to learn if it was made clear what is going on, or the string being landed on. Took about 20 mins of playing around to work out something that could of been explained in maybe 10 secs (but Iā€™m a miserable old git, so donā€™t worry too much about me and my own preferences, as Iā€™m likely in the minority).

However, this is a great trick and really fun to do.

3 Likes