**MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2022- #51- NANDA KANDA -End of year challenge $50 YYE gift certificate prize!

The whip sometimes lands in a green triangle and I know they cover this in the video but I still do it a lot

3 Likes

When I miss I usually drop the yo-yo through the hoopā€¦ right into an axle knot. So as long as youā€™re making that mistake, thatā€™s the way to go :rofl:

Try swinging your hand closer to the yoyo, pinching the string between your TH index and middle finger for more control, and stop so the string is right under the yo-yo.

3 Likes

Ok, I got it now. Not sure how to explain it well; smaller toss, following it from one hand to the other very closely. Now I need to figure out how to make the triangle just a bit bigger.

2 Likes

Keep your hands closer together when you swing the slack around.

2 Likes

Super cool looking and fun trick. I got it once so far, but most of the time the trick is Rodeo Knot

7 Likes

Yeah, this.

1 Like

Haha, fun AND frustrating. Makes it all the more satisfying to learn.

4 Likes

TAW #12: Turbo Repeater

A cool repeater based around the 1.5 mount (my personal favorite). Doesnt appear to be overly difficult when broken down but getting it up to speed may be a different story

Happy learning!

11 Likes

This is exactly where I am. 9/10

The NTH pinch helps a ton too for the control on the whip.

Watching Tyler with his control is so amazing.

2 Likes

This makes all the difference.
Getting this trick smooth is really tough. You almost have to get to a point where you assume you will always catch the whip correctly and take the momentum from the fall into the GT. Really difficultā€¦

1 Like

So who else is going to post videos of hitting their Rodeo Green Triangleā€¦ I miss seeing other player videos!

3 Likes

He makes it look so effortless!

I havent been able to hit one yet lol

4 Likes

I just moved and I currently donā€™t have space to film. I yo-yo between the kitchen counter and island for nowā€¦

2 Likes

Definitely going to try this! It doesnā€™t look too bad.

2 Likes

Finally a ā€œspeedā€ combo i can do! Hopefully Iā€™ll get this on film at a decent pace.

4 Likes

When I do it, itā€™s more of a medium combo than a speed combo.

2 Likes

So i can hit the rodeo triangle consistently. But when i suicide into the the GT, i cant get out of the GT. Like the GT is too tight or too small. Tips?

1 Like

Keep your hands closer together throughout, and the suicide throw should be short and more up than a typical suicide toss. Makes it easier to hit the suicide too.

1 Like

What do you mean keep my hands closer together? Will it help get out of the last GT?

1 Like

I find it helps make the triangle bigger, so yes, I think so.