**MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2022- #51- NANDA KANDA -End of year challenge $50 YYE gift certificate prize!

Sick! Love it.

2 Likes

Nice whip to 1.5, I still canā€™t get that down. I think thatā€™s harder than this entire trick.

I got the hook down, but setting it up is still not smooth.

Nice pick @Mystik. This is a fun and interesting one.

4 Likes

Once i slowed the setup process down its a lot more managable. Still cant hit it all the time but once i slowed down the setup it all clicked together

4 Likes

Thanks man! I still have trouble catching them with less than my entire NT hand. Starting with a negative hook is super fun too

2 Likes

Ok, Iā€™m consistently getting the hook, but pretty sure the hook isnā€™t as it should beā€¦ The strings seem crossed and around the back of my hand.

2 Likes

I have this issue sometimes tooā€¦ when the tension is set and ypu are flicking down and right to release the string, make sure you are flicking parallel with the string and arent flicking your TH to the right and back towards your body. Does that make sense?

1 Like

At the moment Iā€™m pushing the slack down and slightly under the yoyo to ensure the whip is getting around. I canā€™t even work out where the tension is coming from, as Iā€™m sure the tension should be pulling the hook around.

This is how my hook is ending up, but sometimes it is more over the back of my hand:

4 Likes

Try to keep your NTH 90Ā°

2 Likes

What do you mean by 90 degrees?

Heres some practice, i literally had 5-10 mins when i got home. Dont mind my messy work shirt. And as you can see im still trying to get this smooth as well. But heres some practice shots. Second clip is a full shot but not smooth. I will continue to get cleaner.

you can see from this angle im keeping my NTH at 90 degrees or straight. My TH shoots down and to the right.

4 Likes

I know youā€™re trying to help and itā€™s appreciated, but Iā€™m confused by what youā€™re saying about the NTH? Can you point out what Iā€™m doing differentlyā€¦? Might be something really simple Iā€™m missing.

2 Likes

Cracked it, was holding the wrong string I think!

EDIT - I was indeed holding the wrong string and have now hit it several times. Does it matter what side of the throw the slack goes over?

3 Likes

:man_shrugging: Sorta. Can be bad or could be cool. Iā€™ve only hit the wrong side with this hook once so I forget what it does. Some hooks itā€™s a problem, others you just have to dismount differentlyā€”which can ruin the flow of your combo or whatever, or it can be cool.

3 Likes

So, not the prettiest entrance into the mount, but think I have it down finallyā€¦

6 Likes

Nice! Yea the entrance is the hardest part for me too. I have to consciously use my thumb early to grab that string

3 Likes

Not even close to you guys but Iā€™ve been working on tension hooks from previous Trick-a-Week and im happy to say i can hit the DoN tension hook consistently!

3 Likes

Week #24 : Dorito

This trick is a (hopefully fun) variation of cheese whip, and it has a cheesy name. Enjoy.

Edit: yes, we apparently forgot how to count, but I believe this is in fact week 24.

14 Likes

Oooo I have this one down already, so can focus on getting the slack one consistent!

6 Likes

Happy Fatherā€™s Day. This one wasnā€™t that hard, will try to smooth it out more and get it into a comboā€¦ back to the tension hooks now.

8 Likes