MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

Ive been trying to work on chop hops a bit and found a way to sneak them into this trick

@AKYOYOMIKE I feel like the triangle slack thing needs more of a flick than a push to come around clean

4 Likes

That chopstick part in #10 is pretty tricky. I keep rejecting the string off the yoyo completely.

17 isnā€™t bad at all but its going to take a bit to smooth it out

3 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m running into!

2 Likes

His control in #10 is insane. His NTH doesnā€™t even move. Sooooo good.

4 Likes

I periodically try #10, but I have a hard time understand whats even happening. I think thatā€™s my biggest issue with trying to learn new tricks. Am I even doing or thinking about this correctly?! It comes and goes so fast

5 Likes

#10 is simplyā€¦ Trapeze over NTH index and middle finger twice. Then undecut the yoyo w/TH index and land on the same string (nothing really changes in the mount) ā€¦ then undecut the yoyo the same way with your NTH THUMB, or you can think of it as pulling the yoyo through a chopstick mount on your NTHā€¦ again nothing should change in the mount. Repeat 3X.
Like i saidā€¦ simply :zipper_mouth_face::neutral_face::face_with_raised_eyebrow::cold_face::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::japanese_ogre:
Iā€™m kiddingā€¦ this is freaking really hard!

5 Likes

Week #40 - Criss Cross GT

Shamelessly sharing a trick of my own this week lol. Its not very difficult, but fun and flowy and has room for variations as desired.

10 Likes

Looks fun! Nice SNAP start too!

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve been trying to figure this one out since you showed me it a while back. This tutorial is much clearer thanksā€¦ and that snap start! I finally figured out out. Even if i donā€™t get the whole sequence i have a few elements from this already! Thank you!

Edit! I got it! I was landing on the wrong string on the last hop which just ends in a trapeze! Hopefully wil l be able to post this one this week!

2 Likes

Fridays and Saturday are my best times to practice and film. Full disclosure @ANGVS showed me this a while ago but i didnā€™t get it. This tut was excellently done. Regardless Iā€™m happy to share my version here.

3 Likes

After having learned some neat 0A and 3A stuff, itā€™s made me want to branch out more and actually start learning some 1A. I really havenā€™t touched 1A since I started throwing, so apologies for me lacking any semblance of flow or control lol. I have to start somewhere. Just learned the Criss Cross GT and Iā€™m looking forward to learning new stuff in the following weeks, in addition to learning stuff from previous weeks. Thanks for making this weekā€™s tutorial @ANGVS.

8 Likes

So glad youā€™ve all been enjoying the trick!

3 Likes

So how does this work, keen to get involved!?

3 Likes

Just work on the latest trick, film it if you can (doesnā€™t have to be great, doesnā€™t have to be the whole trick, just your progress).

But itā€™s really just a place to hang out and talk about the tricks we post here, but we strongly encourage doing some video if you can.

2 Likes

Nice! Iā€™ll wait for the next trick coming up then.

We post on Friday, so youā€™ve got plenty of time to work on this weekā€™s trick :wink:

2 Likes

Recovering from my weddingā€¦ two days later and still canā€™t see straight :joy:

6 Likes

Welcome and congrats.

3 Likes

Week #41 - 4a Off-tober (4a basics)

I hope yall are ready for Off-tober!!!

Hang with me as we hit some 4a basics. The biggest hump (IMO) is getting past the first couple of throws.

Stay patient and persistent. Let me know how I can help.

If weā€™re all hitting it ā€œoffā€ right Iā€™ll post a mid week bonus trick.

5 Likes

I donā€™t own a 4A yoyo, but I donā€™t want to miss a week! Would any cheap plastic with a slim bearing thrown into it be fine for the absolute basics of 4A? Iā€™ve seen some ancient videos like Operation Dark Magic where just regular yoyos are used for off string.

4 Likes