MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

Definitely gonna learn this one. Thank you!

5 Likes

Wowā€¦ Thatā€™s the big boys league. I seeā€¦
Ahahahahha I will try that combo as well.

Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

I actually was talking about Pootie Tang (edit for clarification: the movie :joy:) the other day with a coworker.

Dope trick, I keep goofing that thumb undercut at the beginning!

3 Likes

Danmā€¦ Iā€™m stuck: work is getting intense and not much time left to practiceā€¦
Also I trying to understant this trick, and IDK why I cannot nail it, any hints?

Peace!

2 Likes

Yeah this weeks trick has definitely taken me a while to figure out, but Iā€™ve almost got itā€¦just trying to figure out the ending triangle part.

As for the yyj1 video, Ive got nothing. Ive been playing with it for a bit and even though I keep landing in some neat mounts, none are a tower lol

1 Like

Hahahahha exactly, canā€™t understand whatā€™s happeningā€¦

1 Like

Just some thoughts in case anyone is reading.
Last year i joined trick a week before the pandemic started then all of 2020. Had lots of time and needed the distraction. It was great. Met some cool folks like @twitch77 and @MoonageMin as well as the rest of this crew which grew by 2021 to include a few more guys.
2021 has turned to be a drastically diffrent yoyoing yearā€¦ business is coming back, my commute changed, daughters are a year older but act like teenagers. All this adds to less time to practice tricks that i would never choose to learn in the first place.
That didnā€™t mean i donā€™t like the tricks that are being picked, they are just way harder then what i can manage at this moment. I do pick up one or 2 elements from them to add in to my combos. It also inspires me to find more tutorials that i can learn to get better. Honestly at this point i donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to ā€œcatch upā€ā€¦ ā€¦im still trying to catch that pineappleā€¦ but who cares.
The point of this thread is to widen our horizon and expose us to diffrent throwers and ideas.
The point is to have fun. I know there are more people reading and enjoying this then there are posting and thatā€™s awesome. No one should feel pressured to complete this weekā€™s trick. Except @Ne0phy73 i expect you to learn everything! Kidding. Only a littleā€¦
We all have diffrent reasons we throw, and this thread celebrates all of them.
Please enjoy responsibly :wink: and have fun, drift in and out. But donā€™t be stressed out by the pace of some of the tricks or the complexity of a pick. Trust me Iā€™ll bring it down a notch once i get my picks again.
A trick a month thread wouldnā€™t really make sense so a trick a week just keeps the conversation fresh. Enjoy the conversation.
Just some thoughts in my brain at 4am.

7 Likes

Hahahahahahah, thatā€™s was nice to read. Feels like you said so much about my feelings as well.
This thread is super stimulatingā€¦ Hey @AKYOYOMIKE, Iā€™m stuck at nagao hops. hahhaha, and once in a while I look for some interesting trick that looks easy, but must of the times, they arent. Work is heavy nowadays, donā€™t have so much time to throw nor to twist. But Iā€™ll say something. I manage to make a crazy mtf string, just correcting some issues and I will send to you and to @ChrisFrancz . My pourpose is to blow your minds. And have special ideas for both of you. Talking about strings. Didnā€™t test KaPow yet. I have a felling that I will change my mindā€¦ I was using a lot of thick strings with my new yoyo and once I placed normal sochi, feels so delicate.

Iā€™m also renovating a home office space, since we still working HO due Covid, but I plan to make some new videos, everytime I see you guys throwing itā€™s like an additional fuel that comes from beyond! True to be said: this forum is nice.

Peace!

6 Likes

If it helps, I can redo the tutorial with added angles. It may be past due, but I would like to help those having trouble with the trick.

4 Likes

Help is never past due.

Always appreciated. :+1:

2 Likes

Hereā€™s my attempt at it:

8 Likes

Nice! I just got it too, but know Im doing something wrong at the end. Iā€™m getting to the same spot though so Im just rolling with it lol

3 Likes

Ya, the end where it pops to the back is the trickiest part and hard for me to hit consistently. This vid took me awhile :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha well done dude, this one was tricky to figure out

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Good job! That was pretty impressive!

1 Like

Thanks @AKYOYOMIKE

For week 26 we will have a tutorial from @ChrysaeThrows.
This looks like a fun one to learn.

8 Likes

Great pick! I do love @ChrysaeThrows styleā€¦ full discloser Iā€™ve been working on this one for a bit, Iā€™m optimistic Iā€™ll post something this time.

3 Likes

We all have our own pace and thatā€™s the beauty of this TAW. You can dip in and dip out as life allows.

When something is out of my reach I find something to fill the week or go back threw that past weeks. I love this pace. It definitely keeps it interesting and challenging for sure.

Iā€™m simply psyched that I have enough tricks now that I can actually forget some :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @CPC for choosing one of my tuts!
Itā€™s a little funny element, can be confusing at the beginning but I assure you it comes very natutal once you learn the basic move. Let me know if you guys have any question at all!

6 Likes