MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

Dude that was fantastic! And you have a great smile!

3 Likes

Man that was good!
Second hope down smooth too!

1 Like

Week #17 - EOS44ā€™s Slack Drop Rejection GT

Hi friends. Hopping in for TaW with a tutorial of mine. This time itā€™s for a short rejection trick I discovered quite a while ago.

Some tips other players who have tried to learn this trick have informed me are that this rejection is exactly the same one you can find on this MrMatio tutorial, so you can have an actual slomo topdown breakdown of just the rejection, which seems to be what players have the most trouble with.

Hope you find this trick fun!

10 Likes

Nice one Eos! Thank you for sharing!

6 Likes

Nice vid and sweet trick!

Towards the end of last year we did just the rejection GT from mrmatioā€™s vid

4 Likes

Awesome, thank you @EOS44 for the epic trick and for being our guest star this month :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Dont forget to exit from the back lol

6 Likes

yooooooo. Too EZ for you my man.

Love it.

5 Likes

Thanks dude! Definitely a fun one, appreciate the share

6 Likes

Hey guysā€¦ Total off topic, but I believe this video should be posted in this thread first hand. hahahaha in the Brazilian yoyo community (that I finally found) the crazy funny fat man just did an ear combo!!! Hahahah NO WAY!!! Look at that:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNDtqaHBH0y/?igshid=132j8f2rxto2n

6 Likes

Questionā€¦if Iā€™m missing the catch after the rejectionā€¦if i did everything else correct my yoyo should drop with no knots. Is that right?
Having trouble catching it after the cross pop but i keep ending in the same situation so i wanted to make sure Iā€™m in the right area.

Editā€¦ that was my questionā€¦i at up the camera and landed this. Not sure i actually got a rejection? Is this right? I think itā€™s cool, but not sure how to tell if the rejection occurred.

https://youtube.com/shorts/nhSC8eIrdr8?feature=share

5 Likes

I 'm exactly at the same spot!!! The rejection part is crazyā€¦ Hahahaha
It appears that, after the rejection, you end at a GT, once againā€¦

But doing that with crossed arms is super hard. Hahahaha

4 Likes

My guess from watching is to put a little more oomph into the rejection (a problem I was having!) and kind of hesitate for a quick second after it rejects so the slack doesnt get pulled out before it has time to wrap around

2 Likes

Hmmmm, let me ask you something.

I noticed that you, me and akyoyodr at the cross-arm part, were with the the right arm at the top, and Eos with his left.

Just noticed thatā€¦ Now trying with left arm on top, I can see the slack formation, while before I couldnā€™t.
Since you can do the trick with your right arm on top, what do you do to reject consistently the string?
Any tips for the slack to go nice and wide to catch after?

Thanks.

3 Likes

Nice catch! :upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face: Iā€™ll try that asap

Edit

@Ne0phy73 you are right! I was crossing the wrong way. Rejection is there!

If we did what we where doing you pop out the front and your stick with some twists in the string.

Thankfully Iā€™m on nap duty in the back yard right now so i can get a session in!

3 Likes

Finally!!! Hahahah I just got it too. Very nice trick.

2 Likes

Thanks @EOS44, this was a fun one.

I spent my 20 minutes this week learning the TaW trick for the first time inā€¦ I canā€™t even remember. Turned into a little bit too long of a session at about 40 minutes though because I always had a knot after hopping out the back at the end. Turns outā€¦ I just needed to wear my reading glasses; I was hopping onto the TH string from the wrong side, just before the slack drop and roll into the first triangle.

I already had the rejection down from last yearā€™s rejection to GTā€”itā€™s exactly the same thing, which cut a whole lot of time off learning this one.

4 Likes

Awesome! Glad you got one in.
I couldnā€™t figure out the rejection last year, itā€™s proving very challenging againā€¦ but i still think the entire thing is a great trick. Hopefully i figure this out in the next few days. If not something cool will evolve either way.

3 Likes

Phewā€¦ After some time I could get on the camera. Hahahaha

https://www.instagram.com/p/COIqM3hB4pG/?igshid=52ze8ccrf01q

I can say that trick was super fun and satisfying. Iā€™m looking forward to learn more!!

6 Likes

Iā€™m an amazed AT these rejectionsā€¦ other then magic drop i just donā€™t get it. Iā€™ll keep at it.
@Ne0phy73 that was excellent!

This isnā€™t the rejectionā€¦ Iā€™ve been rejected. But i thought it looked cool, and had a bunch of new elements for me so Iā€™m posting it here. Iā€™ll call it DaDiegoBump since the bump i picked up from @ChrysaeThrows . Thanks for all your moves!

https://youtube.com/shorts/tb776hxgNP4?feature=share

And @ANGVS the KamiBo, KwyjiKazie or whatever we are calling it is in the middle of it.

4 Likes