MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

Thanks

3 Likes

I really dig this weekā€™s pick. All the picks so far have been great actually.
The other day I showed this slack to my wife. She says" remember when youā€™d look at stuff like this and think ā€˜no wayā€™ ?"
I love that my progress has reached a new milestone. Hope everyone is making there own marks too.

5 Likes

I totally agree! When I first saw this trick I thought ā€œno way, why did they take such a huge jump?ā€

After breaking it down its not all that hard and ya, fun! I learned Spirit Bomb not too long ago and like this trick, looks so hard at first. When you finally get control you realize that youā€™re making major progress. !!F-YA!!

Whatā€™s boggling to me is that one little element (3 sec) in the 3 minute routine takes this long to master. While it seems like such a huge goal, learning all these element, Iā€™m quickly realizing that it is what you make of it. So many variations to make these your own. So many opportunities to make it sing, flow and come together! Iā€™m so happy to have found my new meditation.

Iā€™m very much looking forward to all the permeations for the next 49!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! You said it very well!
And @Mystik Iā€™m so glad your wife noticed the work your putting in. Well done both of you.

3 Likes

We need more videos here!

2 Likes

Lol nothing to see here.
I must admit I havenā€™t really worked on this trick much since the beginning.
But since you asked, here you go :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks for posting something. Need some people pushing a bit with me else I will lose interest I guess.
The tension slack is pretty doable when you watch YoYoJoes video once or twice and look at his hands/fingers precisely. The tricky part is the swing and slack at once (at least for me it was).

2 Likes

Maybe week 4 will be not working on a trickā€¦ I should def work on my horrible video quality :scream:

1 Like

Thanks for this!!!
Made me fell okay to struggle on this trick, thatā€™s really hard to make in one throw.

1 Like

I would post if i could land this. I just realized after the flip i was having the wrong string . But i got the first slack move down. This is a very cool trick and very doable Iā€™m just really slow.
PickledCatch is still killing me.
I will keep attempting each trick daily till get itā€¦ or honestly i give myself no other option.

4 Likes

Yesterday the tension slack just kind of clicked for me but I couldnā€™t even explain why if I tried lol. At first I think I was keeping my hands too far apart for the slack to come all the way around to the back.

Love it! Be the grind

4 Likes

Hereā€™s my pineapple catch.

10 Likes

Well done! Very smooth! I love all that weavy intro.

3 Likes

Iā€™m still not that consistent at it :sleepy:

2 Likes

You only need one video hahahahahahah!

5 Likes

Nice! Theres a weavy combo Iā€™ve been working on for a while and I havenā€™t thought about the pinwheels!

@AKYOYOMIKE Literally took the words out of my mouth (hands?) as I was typing them lol

4 Likes

The pinwheels kinda feel wrong. The others feel better together.

2 Likes

I actually filmed during daylight hours for once lol. It was chilly enough I didnt want to try again just for the bind :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

That was smooth!!

3 Likes

Thanks! The tension slack and inverted GT are some elements I definitely want to play around with some more

4 Likes