MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

Mixing a bit of 2A into the practice session. Now i need to hit the SBM stall

5 Likes

Nice job man. I dig the music.

3 Likes

Scales = officially registered this morning.

3 Likes

Just had a surprise day off and put this together.

7 Likes

Well done! I still haven’t landed the Nagao Hops!

1 Like

Hey, errbody!

I was asked to come on as a guest contributor for this week since it’s FIXED AXLE FEBRUARY!!!

It was pretty hard choosing something to share, but since last week was Zipper Stalls, I figure these are some good fundamentals to go next. That’s right, THESE. Since I only get to do one of these, and I had trouble choosing, you’re getting double the trix this week (actually triple, but more on that in a second).

First one to try are Double + Regenerations.

This is a cousin of the classic “Makin Da Zines”, but here you are keeping your free hand on the string throughout as you perform a non-flip “Planet Hop” style regen and land back in Trapeze Stall. Since the regenerations cancel out, you’re back in your original Breakaway spin direction. I love sticking these on the end of tricks or just doing them forever while pumping gas! See if you can get 3 in a row.

Next I figured let’s do Kickflip Broflip.

Gotta have a flip trick. Standard Kickflip is the place to start with those, but let’s up the ante and do one on each side of the body. Throw Trapeze Stall, Kickflip, then regenerate to a Man-and His-Brother Stall, and flip that too. It’s a little weirder flipping out of Bro because you have to keep some slack in the string or the loop will vanish. I did a little Windshield Wiper regen out, but you can end it however you want!

And for you all-star extra-credit fixie-studs for whom these all too easy, cool! Mash em together and hit some Double + Flips!

Much love and gratitude for throwing some fixed axle, and glad I could jump in. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Gosh! You make it look so easy!

I’ve landed the kickflip 2 times. That’s in 6 months! HA!

I’ll keep at it! I wish I had the last one I hit on camera!!! :love_you_gesture: Oh the JOY!

7 Likes

Thank you so much for your picks. These videos are amazing!

3 Likes

Who’s got double and regens working? Check out eds tut on making da zines if your having trouble.

5 Likes

F’real! I wanna see some evidence hitting example A, B, or C! :heart:
YOU CAN DOOOO IT!!!

6 Likes

Knocked out the flips and the double plus, now just to get that full combo. Refraining from posting videos that are short, so I’ll have it on after a clean combo is shot😃

3 Likes

Wow! Well done.

I was able to start hitting the double regen only because I’ve been working on Makin Da Zines for a while… not a repeater yet.
FLIP now that’s another level. I’ve landed it once by pure luck.

5 Likes

Got a treat for you guys! Bonus points for using the same yoyo as Ed???

Thanks for the inspiration @edhaponik!

13 Likes

Nice!!! :pray:t3:

5 Likes

DUDE! That was the best! Great video! Congrats!

7 Likes

Woo!:fist:
This is life today for me. Getting the brother flip much more consistent.Grinding on that brother double-plus regen to get it clean though.

8 Likes

Holy crap… deff not video worthy yet but i caught 3 kickflips today! That’s more then I’ve landed since I’ve started practicing 0A.

5 Likes

Update.
We’re setting records in Texas right now. With limited power it’s kinda difficult to say when I can get back to the final combo.
The universe will let me know when I can get back on it.

New Challenge:
If the power is out, and near freezing in the house, does the food go bad?
:thinking:

8 Likes

Inside a normal fridge freezer will go to a temperature where frozen food will spoil unless you pack some ice in there. It happened to me. I’m sorry you’re going through that!

6 Likes

No worries yet were still holding ice in the freezer.

I appreciate it Chris.
As burners, the phrase “radical self reliance” isn’t unfamiliar to the wife and I.:wink:

7 Likes